Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I don't sleep in the same room as my husband, I can't!!

1. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    My husband and I get along better if I don't sleep in the same room with him. We love eachother but we both need rest. He is a light sleeper, I have severe sleep apnea. My husband made me aware of this about 2 years ago now. We try it every now and then and it just does not work. As you already know we are not aware that we are not breathing until you are suddenly awakened. I got tired of being awakened 4-5 times a night and my husband would be cranky because he was not able to sleep. It was our anniversary on Monday and we tried again. I was fast asleep and my husband took it for as long as he could and he had to wake me up. It scares him when I stop breathing and now he said I have started to gurgle and it is very scary for him. It is so sad. I am so grateful for an answer to prayer. I think once I lose 30-40 lbs the apnea will go away. I have not always had sleep apnea. I will be happy when we can rest in the same room again. It just reminded me of one of the reasons I wanted to have this surgery done. I remain prayerful and I am so very greatful for an answer.

God bless you,
    Tanya
  2. Deecomp57
    Deecomp57
    My husband I have both been through this. Before he had his surgery (lap band), his breathing would stop frequently in addition to the very loud snoring. Although once he got a cpap machine (following a sleep study), the noise stopped. Later, when my weight increased, I also had a sleep study and have a cpap machine, which is the only way to control this issue until you lose the weight. Having to use the cpap machine is one of the reasons I wanted to have WLS. You need to ask your physician for the sleep study until you are able to lose the weight. I have also converted one of the spare rooms to my 'extra' room to use when I am congested or just tired of his snoring.