Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

anybody had to start their pre op liquid diet early due to reflux

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    Im scheduleded for my pre op teaching on Thursday with my surgery next wed. I start my preop diet on Thursday. However for the past week or so my reflux is getting worse but due to the major snowstorm we had in WV but dr wont be in until Monday so Im wondering has any of you guys had this same issue. They are also doing a hiatial hernia repair at the same time as my sleeve. Waking up with stomach acid in your throat isn't the best feeling in the world. I already went through 1 bottle of Mylanta already.. Praying for some relief.
  2. mtnskullrider
    mtnskullrider
    I would have a serious talk with your surgeon and family doctor. I have been on nexium prescription for over a year now and its been pretty much under control. I had a large hiatial hernia over a year ago and when he tested it was not that big... I had the surgery on 2/11 and each day my reflux has escalated. I have been getting in my proteins and my water. Saturday I was going to go to the ER due to the pain but hubby called the surgeon and he has me on liquid something... 2 teaspoons every 10 hours, but I am taking it every 8 -9 hours. I decided to take my nexium breaking apart the capsule and taking it down the hatch. I am on baractric friendly and had over 26 responses to my acid reflux and many say you will continue to have reflux and could be worse. The surgery to get rid of reflux is the by-pass. If your on facebook check out bariactric friendly lots of great questions and lots of sharing, suggestions, and so on. Easier to find information and get responses on the facebook page.