Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Countdown begins...3 days until surgery.

1. phd
    phd
    Having some doubts/concerns but not ready to put up a "stop sign." I am so desperate to feel healthy and be able to be active again. The following are the two primary issues on my mind:

Yesterday I went in for pre-op but was taken aback when I was introduced to a surgeon I'd never met and was told he'd be doing my surgery. Since I had been seen by another doc, I assumed he was the one doing my surgery. I was thrown and started feeling emotionally fragile with the "change" and questioning whether I should go through with it.

I talked myself through the idea of having a "jr." surgeon who was only recently board certified and has only performed about 40 sleeves. Still a little nervous but just can't fathom putting this off anymore.

My other worry is about getting back to work after 7-10 days post-op. I've asked before and had a few folks say they didn't have a problem but then I heard about others who are taking 5-7 weeks off and that just sounds alarming as I don't have that luxury.

Sigh....I know, in the end, all will be well. Just jittery right now.....
  2. jerseysegal
    jerseysegal
    The second matter is easier to offer a comment. I was sleeved on 2/5 and went to work a half day last week, mostly piddling around and also doing a bit of work from home. I am set to go back this Monday and feeling generally ready to go back, This would be day thirteen post surgery but I know the first week will be more draining so I am trying to keep it light. Five to six weeks off is a luxury I don't need or have or want. Staying busy and productive works for me.

The first matter is harder to address. I know I wouldn't like the change in scenario or how it appears to have occurred. Probably would depend on what the rationale was, how it was addressed and my read of the new "jr" surgeon. I had to have mine put off a day (three days out) due to a funeral in the surgeon's family and this was hard enough so putting it off until a new opening comes up would be even harder.

Good luck in your deliberations.