Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello, friends!

1. phd
    phd
    I am having a sleeve done this coming week. Anyone have any experience with sharing your journey with colleagues? Any other thoughts, comments, funny stories or disappointments?
  2. MsRhoyalty22
    MsRhoyalty22
    You've come to the right place! This is site is a great source of support and information about different people's experiences with the having the sleeve. I was sleeved in September and have had pretty much no problems. Around 3 months out my hair started coming out but I am not sure if this is from the change in diet or from the anesthesia as I take my vitamins and get in my protein daily. My advice is follow your doctor and nutritionist orders. Don't eat anything before you are allowed and take it slow. Get your nourishment daily and drink your water. Before I got sleeved I jumped around on here reading different people's experiences -good and bad-- to try and prepare myself for what might come.
  3. jerseysegal
    jerseysegal
    I only told a few people in the two weeks leading up to surgery. Two college kids told a month in advance. Siblings told earlier, others just in days leading up to surgery. Small group of people but all have been quite supportive. Most viewing this as a great choice and opportunity. No funny stories, anecdotes just generally good support or at least no negative comments.

I only had the surgery on 2/5, went to the office on Thursday to drop off some paperwork but do not return to work till this Monday so reactions post surgery are not known.

Good luck on your upcoming procedure. What I learned is first worry is hydration, then protein. A few days post surgery bloating was not a concern, same with pain. I went to the gym today after wearing out all the local malls since last weekend. Keeping active, at least in a low key way was helpful for me.

Hope all goes well with you.
  4. LadyKel
    LadyKel
    I hope all went well