Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

* Newbie Alert *

1. acornelison
    acornelison
    Hey everyone, My name is Andrea, I'm 33 years old and a momma to four; I have three boys ages 14, 10, 7 and one daughter that's 2. I am hoping to have my surgery this summer (June/July)...the wait is going to kill me as I am not a patient person

My husband and my immediate family are great supporters in my decision to have this surgery and I haven't told anyone else at this point (not sure I want to deal with the "empyt" comments I may receive).

I'm beyond excited and can't wait to break free from this prison of flesh...I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing about your journey

~A
  2. Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Welcome aboard!Good luck to you on this adventure, I'm hoping to have the ok soon and get my date I'm so anxiously waiting for.
  3. Jcarter2569
    Jcarter2569
    Welcome! I am only three weeks out, but can tell u that it is already changing my life!
  4. jolieslp
    jolieslp
    Welcome! My surgery is in a week and a half. The time will go by much more quickly than you think!
  5. Jenna135
    Jenna135
    Hi, All!
    I'm new to the group, too, and about 6 weeks post-op. In such a short time, this surgery has changed my life. I have lost almost 40 pounds and am down to a size 12. I chose only to tell my immediate family about the surgery, as I did not care for others' opinions to impact my decision. I did, however, talk with other sleeve patients who all told me it was the best decision they made in their life. The thing to keep in mind is that the surgery really is a tool. I definitely had some hard times in the last month and a half, but I am learning how to manage my food better and when to stop eating.

Best wishes to all!
    Jenna
  6. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    Welcome to both of you!
  7. Sonya75
    Sonya75
    I'm just 3 months post op, mother of 2 girls...16 & 2. My goal was 65 lbs...I've lost 40 as of today. Feeling great and of bp meds. The best thing I could have done for my body. My toddler especially enjoyed the fact that I could jump on the trampoline with her last night. It was great to not feel younger again.
  8. jacquidaniels
    jacquidaniels
    Hi all I'm new as well! I'm loving reading your stories, you are such an inspiration! My surgery date is 04/07/2014
  9. QueenBsleeved
    QueenBsleeved
    I am scheduled for sleeve on July 2, with DR A. Im so nervous about my emotional relationship with food after the surgery and how I will react when I can't use food to cope anymore. I am 210....bmi is 35..... I am 2nd guessing myself if maybe I can lost this weight through other means. Cold feet...jitters, not sure??
    I was originally going to be sleeved in 2010 and I lost 60 pounds through diet and exercise but I gradually gained it all back since then. Its a constant yoyo dieting and I hate it!