Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

General Talk

1. eatpam
    eatpam
    Hello Feb Sleevers,

Someone posted the idea of a central thread just to chat amongst ourselves instead of thread to thread for all of it.

How is everyone doing?
  2. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    Day 4 post op .. Better than expected!!!
    And the walking did better than any pain medication.
    LOL funny story .. I was still having some gas discomfort . Not incisional pain. I asked the nurse how long does this gas take to get out . She said not the same for everybody .. Several walks later .. She was back in my room.. To get my vital signs . I was in the bathroom when she came into the room..
    I felt like I should have a bowel movement did not but passed so much gas for almost 15-20 seconds and it was loud ... Than almost instant relief ..opened the bathroom door and saw the nurse . She said "things are starting to move in there and the gas is starting to leave."
    Leave !!! I was thinking never passed so much gas in my life.
  3. eatpam
    eatpam
    LOL!! That is GREAT..... So glad to hear you are doing so well. It is encouraging and historically I don't get much relief from pain pills either so I know what you mean by that.

How is your swelling doing? How does it feel to do the sipping? Does it hurt at all?

As for me, I start my pre-op liquid diet on Thursday and I just looked at my finances again and WHEW! I am going to make it. I am paying cash for my procedure, I have paid the surgeon but have to pay the hospital on the day of surgery. It was a close call. I will have like $250 left after I pay all this! I am so happy to be able to do it though.
  4. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    Aquajog, I am so envious of your butt explosion, still waiting for mine. We had surgery same day, I too feel fine . Going to start dinne for my boys and tidy up a bit. I am not hungry, going to get some Popsicles later today . I had an unsuccessful lap band removed aswell and can say the lack of hunger is much better so far with the sleeve , I have managed to gain 2 lbs somehow though eating less than 100 calories a day for 4 days, grrrr was quite disappointed weighing in this morn.
  5. ConnieL
    ConnieL
    Day 2 of my pre-op diet and so far so good. For those that have had their surgery, do you have any tips on getting ready for the hospital? Things I should prepare at home, things I should pack for the hospital?
  6. time_to_shine
    time_to_shine
    Leaving for the hospital in about 8 hours! These last 2 days of an all clear liquid diet were no joke. I'm do glad that part is (almost) behind me... Super nervous & super excited!
  7. jolieslp
    jolieslp
    I too am wondering about home prep. That worries me, with the kids here with my mother-in-law. How long until I can do some simple things with them - I.e. - drive them to school, go to a soccer game.

And as for the weight gain, is your body possibly in "shock" from the decreased calories? That has been on my mind this week. Will my body think it is starving and "hold-on" to the weight?
  8. Alc2013
    Alc2013
    Great idea to group under one thread. My surgery is tomorrow and I am a little nervous now.

Does it hurt to sip afterwards?
  9. eatpam
    eatpam
    oh wow, I guess we really are all in the same boat.

I start my liquid diet tomorrow. Today is my last solid foods for a while! I am going out to eat with my fiancé this evening, going to Sam's to get the protein shakes and other things I might need.

I am wondering about what all to pack also. So far I am thinking good slippers for walking, Listerine strips, chapstick, lotion... of course toiletries. What else?
  10. Jphat
    Jphat
    Where is everyone having their sleeves done? I am going to Tijuana, Mexico
  11. karenl3
    karenl3
    I'm glad to have found this thread! I'm on my pre-op diet now-day 3 and I'm doing ok. I'm also going to Tijuana and think it's one of the best choices I ever made. I hope. LOL Glad everyone is passing their gas.
  12. eatpam
    eatpam
    I am having my surgery in Dallas, TX. Now that I have been here and reading everyone's experiences in TJ I kind of wish I would have considered it more for financial reasons. I am paying mine out of pocket and it is taking every bit of money I have.

On another note, today is the first day of my liquid diet! Yay!

I woke up this morning thinking, "OMG, this morning is the most fat I will ever be again." It was a real ah-ha moment.
  13. Raven
    Raven
    I'm day 3 post op and feeling a lot better than I expected. I'm still very "gurgle-y" in my gut it seems that most of my pain is from gas issues and some is from nerves growing back. (That last part was according to the nurse when I had a shooting pain in my abdomen. I swore I was pulling stitches but looked and all seemed ok and no immediate bruising under the surface nor even hours later. So much to adjust to and I never thought I'd choose the protein shake over any real food but it was so much easier and I knew my body would tolerate it ok on this 1st day (post-op) that I'm allowed to have something besides clear liquids.
    I had mine done at Silver Cross Hospital in Illinois.
  14. mtnskullrider
    mtnskullrider
    I had surgery 2/11 and today is just 2/14. I am sipping around the clock it seems. I can sip down 4 oz every 15 minutes. I don't feel full with protein shakes. I should not have had this surgery. Diet pills were reverse for me. Why did I think this would benefit me as a tool. I should be happy with who I am and forget the rest. Sorry I am just very frustrated right now and no where to go from here. I am doing the pureprotein shakes, isopure clear liquid, and EAS protein shakes. I just hope things can change by the 18th when I see the surgeon/his RN. I have been patiently being positive and today I just cannot be.
  15. riseandshine
    riseandshine
    Great idea for one thread!!
  16. jolieslp
    jolieslp
    Hey guys! Happy Sunday. I am having a low day today. I am day 3 of low-carb (30g) and I am feeling it. I really don't have a lot of energy today. I made an "oopsy" last night, as I didn't pack a snack on a quick road-trip, and ended up getting pretty hungry. That was bad. I ended up in tears, praying and listening to really loud music in my headphones while everyone else ate. Sounds fun, right?
    gy
    On a positive note, I am right at 50# now. I am not sure exactly, because that would require me to get off my lazy rear and head to the gym for my "official" scales.
  17. eatpam
    eatpam
    Really sorry some are struggling.

I am three days from surgery still and excited. The pre-op liquid diet is tough at times but I am making it. I went shopping over the weekend and bought more stuff to pack for the hospital, played with my dogs and spent time outdoors.

I'm ready. Emotionally, physically and mentally. Ready.
  18. eatpam
    eatpam
    Day 6 of my pre op liquid diet. Surgery day after tomorrow.

Chicken broth and jello for lunch.... yummmm (eyeroll)
  19. Raven
    Raven
    @ eatpam - I'm wondering how you are doing post-op now...hopefully not in too much pain.