Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How slow is your loss due to lower BMI's then others

1. billiebennett
    billiebennett
    I am hoping that my weight loss is slower than most because of having lower BMI starting.
    I am barely eating though I haven't started exercising yet since i'm just 3 weeks out. I would love to hear from others how their loss went in the beginning and even in the end.

My preop diet started at 217
    day of surgery 210
    3 weeks out 201

Doesn't this seem very slow to you all? I know those that started with high BMI's are losing at remarkable rates but I have barely lost in the past 3 weeks.

Please let me know how you are doing.

GO Seahawks!!!
  2. nj89
    nj89
    My surgery day i was about 223, and by 3 weeks out I had lost about 20lbs. BUT i am about 2 and a half months out and have lost about 35lbs so it slowed down significantly now. Everyone loses at their own pace so even though 9 pounds is not fast, maybe your weight loss will be more steady which is good in the long run. Don't be discouraged though, 9 pounds is still 9 pounds!
  3. nj89
    nj89
    Plus I had problems during my hospital stay and was vomiting so that may have factored in to the quick weight loss early on
  4. Lisal3e
    Lisal3e
    I started at pre op 226 day of surgery 220 and now I'm 208 I'm 3weeks out as well
  5. billiebennett
    billiebennett
    Good to know I thought it was maybe because I had TOM this last weekend but the scale still isn't moving too much. I need to exercise but I am just so tired after working all day and then coming home to do homework. I have set a goal to start the elliptical at the one month point.
  6. Ready2go
    Ready2go
    You won't need to do cardio, as much as toning exercises. As you lose weight, you can lose muscle mass if you don't get your protein in, as well as muscle toning. As far as weight loss, I'm with you. I'm 4 months out, starting weight 210, current weight 175. It's been slow, but steady. One day at a time!
  7. luvnsmiln
    luvnsmiln
    Good to hear. 9/13 - preop wt was 230. 1/24/14 - day of surg weight 219. Two weeks post op today, down 13 lbs (9 first week, 4 second week). Looking through the site and was seeing all these dramatic weight losses. This group is reassuring to me. Thank you for sharing. Not really sure what to expect.
  8. CountryGirl72
    CountryGirl72
    I am 3 months out, surgery date Dec. 4, 2013. I started at 213 and am currently as of this morning at 160, so I'm at a 53 lb loss. I just got out of a 3 week stall. I was stuck at 162.4. I raised my calories up into the upper 600s to mid 700s and weight loss has started up again! Yay... I haven't exercised yet. I keep busy around the house so I'm not just sitting on my rump either. I had started to go to the gym but we had a vehicle break down so my husband has to use my truck for work since we own our own business. So... It's now hard to get to the gym. Hopefully his will be fixed soon. But in the meantime I have an extremely clean house, and I've gone through tons of clothes getting rid of what's to big and replacing them with what now fits. I have clothes all the way from 16 that I started in down to 0. I never got rid of anything. lol
  9. Shellybelle72
    Shellybelle72
    I'm 10 days postop 3-16.. I started 237 and currently 222. I was 224 for 3 days and got in the scale today and was down. I see Dr. on Monday.
  10. c1nd1lou
    c1nd1lou
    I lost 20lbs the first month, but now I am stalled.
  11. billiebennett
    billiebennett
    I am almost 8 months out and am down about 60lbs and I feel great about that. I would like to know how is everyone doing with food? I am starving every hour but can barely take a couple of bites and am miserable for about a half hour. It's getting old of course some foods are easier than others but it is so hard to get in enough food. I still drink a protein shake every morning but am so sick of feeling miserable. What does everyone find is the easiest to eat when going out to dinner cause this is where I struggle especially when drinking wine with dinner.
  12. Ally'sMom
    Ally'sMom
    I was at 224 day of surgery. I am only 1 and 1/2 weeks out. I have lost about 9 pounds so far. I had the same fears. But my doctor said that great and good numbers, so I should be happy. I'm having trouble sticking to the diet. He told me I don't have to drink protein drinks if I want to just eat my protein instead. Yes, please! So Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and eggs it its! I'm also having a probably eating too fast, since it is such a small amount of food. And then my body suddenly says, stop! i'm stuffed!. Then I want to drink immediately after, but you're not supposed to. Still wanting carbs like crackers to munch on every now and then (MUCH smaller amounts than before). But I do try to follow the rules for the most part. Too bad my hunger, and my cravings didn't disappear with surgery. It's gonna be hard work on my part! But I can do it!
  13. Bagawk!
    Bagawk!
    I would love to resurrect this with current active members. Is anyone else experiencing fairly slow weight loss? I've only lost 32 pounds since surgery 3 months ago. Actually that includes my pre-op liver reduction diet weight loss. 22 pounds since the actual surgery date.
  14. TTFN
    TTFN
    I would love to hear from anyone struggling with slow weight loss. I will be having my surgery on 7/2/2020 and with a lower BMI (35) I worry about a slow weight loss process and need to hear from others.