Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Just pas the hardest part..

1. hotbox
    hotbox
    Hi folks,

Just got home after 2 day/night stay at the hospital for the vertical sleeve.
    The 3 days of "fasting" was hard but had to keep myself motivated for the end result,it was not worth it after everything i have been thru..
    The day of the surgery was pretty smooth, except due to the "fasting x3 days" it made it hard for the RNs to get an IV started..ony took 4x .

Once the sugary was finished I found out I got my own room! woot woot! and my significant other stayed with me both night..realizing how lucky I and to have her in my life. She is so sweet and kind to me!

I found out I was allergic to one of the 4 abx or dilaudid meds cause i woke up with both eyes swollen and red! So they switched me to tyenlol with codeine to see if that would help me..
    Well it didn't and my pain was out of control. The NS wanted to up the dose of tyenlol and I asked for something stronger but she refused and saidI might react to something stronger.
    The following afternoon when I got to see my surgeon face to face so I spoke with him about my situation. He agreed we could try the dilaudid once again to make sure I wouldn't have a reaction. Success! it took the edge of jus in time. I was grateful for that and the next day I was ready to go home ! I am looking forward to see what happens!
    Thankfully i was already practicing taking toy sips of liquids..and am getting better at it..

I have to say tho my only protein intake I can have at this point id pre made isopure drinks...talk about disgusting !!does anyone have a good idea on how to take those or mixing it with something ?

Hope you all are excited for this upcoming adventure we all share!

Take care

Hotbox
  2. renee2
    renee2
    I have heard that mixing the unflavored protein with water and a strong flavor of crystal light makes it tolerable. Good luck
  3. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    My post op diet has no protein till week 2, just on clear no sugar fluids.