Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr. Almanza $100 Guest Fee

1. MixieGirl
    MixieGirl
    I'm checking to see if anyone else was required to pay the $100 guest fee for your spouse, partner, friend, or family? After reading many threads I don't see any mention of an additional fee except paying for our own hotel room since we aren't sharing with a roommate. It seems like a hefty bit of pocket change for someone who is only riding in the van and getting a plate of food on surgery day.
  2. forty&fine
    forty&fine
    Yes, I was told the same thing. My mother decided to have the vsg done too which took off $200 for both of us.
  3. elongwa
    elongwa
    Yep, I paid the $100 fee, it covers transportation for your guest from the airport to clinic to hotel and back; as well as food the day of surgery at the clinic for them. The hotel is where the big difference is, if it is just you at the hotel you pay for one night $59 (I think) with a guest you pay for three nights $177. Still an awesome deal for how wonderful the hotel is. My guest was a friend, so she paid her own airline ticket and food while on the trip. I paid for the hotels (we stayed one night in San Diego on the way down). The hotel food is amazing I hear, all sleevers get is broth, popsicles and jell-o.

ALSO...I am glad I brought my friend as they can make you walk, help you get the gas out, help you hold your drain in the shower, be there in case something isn't as it should be. The day we had the x-ray of our new stomach done I ended up throwing up for a few hours. My friend talked to some of the other sleever companions and found out I needed some anti nausea meds. She called the nurse for me and got them up to the room, within 15 minutes I was feeling better, even went walking and shopping! You as a patient are still under the effects of the anesthesia, having an advocate and companion is SUPER helpful; although many people go alone.
  4. nov7baby
    nov7baby
    The fee makes sense to me as often they had to get two cars to get us places (in order to make room for guests). Those of us getting surgery would have fit in one car but adding the spouces meant bringing the big van as well as a car.
  5. rose pedle
    rose pedle
    While I heard there was fee but my husband is not coming because I ask him not to .this was adventure I need to take on May own
  6. gem2
    gem2
    Yes I paid the 100$ fee for that. Also 100$ to get moved up in the surgery line, I was #5 instead of 17 also 30$ to get your IV in the room the day after surgery instead of riding 1/2hr in the van and back to the hospital for it I also pd 185$ for extra antibiotics, 3 months of vitamin B12, nexium for acid reflux, and 25$ for my exray all we'll worth it!
  7. Luann
    Luann
    Number 17? That is higher than any number I had heard before. I don't mean to offend you or anyone, but I can't fathom that number of surgeries. Even being number 7 or 8 would have me rethinking this.
  8. Sleeve nurse
    Sleeve nurse
    Oh my that's a mess! Do u mean 185$ for antibiotics r 85$? This is unbelievable!!
  9. Twhip
    Twhip
    You can spend as much or as little as you wish. It just depends on want you preference is. They do have extras that you can choose to have don't. My husband and I paid $20.00 each to have our skin tags removed during surgery (well worth it). We also paid to go 1st and 3rd in line (someone already had 2nd), again well worth it. We paid to have our IV done at the hotel, very convenient. As for meds they do give you a free bag of the meds you will need, but you can choose to buy more to take home. We had a great experience with Dr Almanza.
  10. hidesertgurl
    hidesertgurl
    I just ask the weighlossagents about the $100 fee they said it is no longer charged. I am still going to bring it just in case though.
  11. Mktmathis
    Mktmathis
    oh good im glad they dont charge the 100 anymore! Im already paying enough for the surgery. but 30 for the iv in the hotel may be worth it
  12. MUFASA
    MUFASA
    Sorry i dont belive any man can do 17 surgerys in on day ......................
  13. Allfire
    Allfire
    I had my Surgery January 19th, and I didn't have a charge for my sister coming with me. This must be new. Of course I had to pay for the hotel, but is paid cash when I got there so I saved $200.00 and that covered almost the whole hotel stay. It must be something new. I think is sucks though..
  14. swatts61
    swatts61
    Most of this was explained to me by weightloss agents. I thought the fee if someone else comes with you was very reasonable. I have not heard about paying to be moved up in line but would love it and paying to get IV at hotel is something I will definitely do.