Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Only 6 days till revision from band to sleeve!!!

1. riseandshine
    riseandshine
    Hi everyone!
    New to the group but have been reading some of your older posts. Banded in 2008-lost 110lbs. band slipped and port flipped in October 2013-both at the same darn time!! Unlike most people, I was actually very pleased with the band. Never had complications until this past October. All fluid was removed at that time and needless to say, I have gained about 36lbs. All in all, I'd like to lose another 95lbs. Bummed that I was 60lbs away from my goal weight and now I'm back to almost 100lbs to lose. Pretty disappointing but hey, progress is work right?!
    My physician only requires 2 day clear liquid diet before surgery but I've been following low carb-just trying to get a jump on the weight loss.
    Nervous but excited...
  2. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    Good luck !
  3. riseandshine
    riseandshine
    Thank you so much!
  4. Marie-France
    Marie-France
    Good luck! Will be having my sleeve on the 11th. Only lost 5 pounds in a week and 2 days, on the protein liquid diet. It's so restrictive, I was hoping to have lost more than that...
  5. riseandshine
    riseandshine
    Marie-France, 5lbs in 9 days is awesome considering the 2lbs per week recommendation. Look at it positively and keep up the good work. If we keep our expectations down, we won't be disappointed. I'm not going into this thinking I'm going to lose 100lbs in 3 months but a girl can dream can't she?!
    Again, way to go with your 5lb jump start to your new life!!!!
  6. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    Hi feb sleeve rs. Had my sleeve done on the 7th. After surgery to my surprise I was quite comfortable. Day 2 and 3 felt like I was hit by a truck , I was bugging them that they dropped me on the floor. I had aching all over and my neck was the sorest. I am home now and from 5 days of literally almost zero calories I have managed to gain 2 lbs? I haved had an IV in me for days. Also I had my band removed at the same time and when they did the leak test my stomach was a really odd shape, not a banana, they say it's fine and will assume the shape but cause of the band the is a real narrowing. Good luck everyone.
  7. riseandshine
    riseandshine
    Thanks for sharing Lolo2!! The weight gain is due to the body kicking into starvation mode. I will friend you because I'd love to know how you're doing. I go for my revision next Wed. Good luck to you!