Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Revision only 6 days away!

1. riseandshine
    riseandshine
    Hi everyone!
    New to the group but have been reading some of your older posts. Banded in 2008-lost 110lbs. band slipped and port flipped in October 2013-both at the same darn time!! Unlike most people, I was actually very pleased with the band. Never had complications until this past October. All fluid was removed at that time and needless to say, I have gained about 36lbs. All in all, I'd like to lose another 95lbs. Bummed that I was 60lbs away from my goal weight and now I'm back to almost 100lbs to lose. Pretty disappointing but hey, progress is work right?!
    My physician only requires 2 day clear liquid diet before surgery but I've been following low carb-just trying to get a jump on the weight loss.
    Have most of you followed a low carb lifestyle since the sleeve? Who has had major success (over 100lbs) after revision/conversion? Just curious as I've read more about slower weight loss with conversions vs original sleevers.
  2. Elvita
    Elvita
    My revision is also 6 days ago...I had to go on a two week pre-surgery diet that I'm finding a little difficult, but am counting anxiously the days...Good luck to you. I hope things goes well..
  3. riseandshine
    riseandshine
    Due to the storms in Georgia, my surgery was re-scheduled for 2/19. I was really disappointed but I'm much better today. I would have had my sleeve by now. But now, I'm waiting another week. I'm still doing clear liquids since I had gotten used to it. I felt if I started eating food again, it would be harder the 2 days before surgery.
    Good luck to you as well!