Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

already moarning over food and i havent done my pre op liquid diet yet

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    my surgeon is wanting me to lose as much weight as I can however I find myself eating the wrong things and I assume its that im in moarning in the fact that I know after surgery that I wont be able to have the foods I love so much. I have to weigh myself everyday anyway over the fact I have congestive heart failure. I battle anxiety and depression and on meds for it as well as therapy. I don't get out of the house much at all unless I have to due to the weather here lately where I live. Im set to have surgery on feb 26. I don't know of any books I can read or anything. Has anyone else been through this
  2. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    I am with you, everything is set there is nothing else to send in to the insurance company. I am eating and going to eat what ever I want. I am not even trying. I may not be the best person to say anything but I like you am saying goodbye to the foods I like to eat. My Dr. has not said to me lose anymore weight he knows it is difficult. So I have eaten so much of the things I like I am SICK of eating. I am only nibbling ans snacking now. It is strange the effect eating whatever I want when I want has on you(me) My favorite food is fried chicken, I am sick od chicken! I am ready to be told what I need to do so I can get this party started. Maybe I am just strange this way but it is getting my head ready to let go because I have had more than enough, I am not over eating I am just eating. I am not dieting I am not watching every morsle that goes into my mouth like I have done for so long. I feel free, I am not gaining either, but, it is time for a change and I am sick of eating, now... that may change, but for now I am in the right head place for me. Crazy right? Well that is how I am handling my goodbye to food. I am also getting out more. Even if I just go and walk around or go visit a friend. I am no longer sitting at home doing nothing. I am about to get out now. Just going to get my truck checked but I am going. I am checking out which excersize video I am going to do in front of my TV. I like HIP HOP ABS, not too hard and not too easy. I am ready for the word to come from the insurance company, then the start of the liquid diet. I think I will go pick up some clear liquids to prepare. I have tasted and eaten some of my stash to see if I liked them and I do. Girl prepare for your surgery. Pack your bag make sure everything is there, get ready! get excited! Your future is in your hands and I know God has got your back. You will look back like so many have done and say what was all the fuss about back then. You can do this. You are going to be so proud of your accomplishment that food will no longer be at the top of your list of important things. Look forward to the jouney, you are going to be great!
  3. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    I am with you, everything is set there is nothing else to send in to the insurance company. I am eating and going to eat what ever I want. I am not even trying. I may not be the best person to say anything but I like you am saying goodbye to the foods I like to eat. My Dr. has not said to me lose anymore weight he knows it is difficult. So I have eaten so much of the things I like I am SICK of eating. I am only nibbling ans snacking now. It is strange the effect eating whatever I want when I want has on you(me) My favorite food is fried chicken, I am sick of chicken! I am ready to be told what I need to do so I can get this party started. Maybe I am just strange this way but it is getting my head ready to let go because I have had more than enough, I am not over eating I am just eating. I am not dieting I am not watching every morsle that goes into my mouth like I have done for so long. I feel free, I am not gaining either, but, it is time for a change and I am sick of eating, now... that may change, but for now I am in the right head place for me. Crazy right? Well that is how I am handling my goodbye to food. I am also getting out more. Even if I just go and walk around or go visit a friend. I am no longer sitting at home doing nothing. I am about to get out now. Just going to get my truck checked but I am going. I am checking out which excersize video I am going to do in front of my TV. I like HIP HOP ABS, not too hard and not too easy. I am ready for the word to come from the insurance company, then the start of the liquid diet. I think I will go pick up some clear liquids to prepare. I have tasted and eaten some of my stash to see if I liked them and I do. Girl prepare for your surgery. Pack your bag make sure everything is there, get ready! get excited! Your future is in your hands and I know God has got your back. You will look back like so many have done and say what was all the fuss about back then. You can do this. You are going to be so proud of your accomplishment that food will no longer be at the top of your list of important things. Look forward to the jouney, you are going to be great!
  4. eatpam
    eatpam
    I am sort of doing the same thing. My pre-op liquid diet starts next week so I have been trying to enjoy all the foods I like. I am not gorging myself by any means but I am trying to enjoy my food.

I saw my fiancé go through this same thing when he had his surgery last June so I really feel like I am preparing my mind for the 7 days of liquid diet. I understand how important it is and understand the need to shrink my liver. The last thing I want is to have some complication like a nicked liver that bleeds inside of me. I will follow the diet to the letter when it is time, but for now, I am enjoying my food.
  5. nursechick91
    nursechick91
    Hi you guys! I'm in the same boat. My pre-op diet is 14 days long and I'm on day 6 - surgery is Feb 12th. About two weeks before I started, I made sure I had all my favorite foods! The pre-op diet for me is very, very difficult - I feel trapped and on the edge of panic attacks sometimes!! But I'm sticking to it and started exercising about two weeks ago. ONE DAY AT A TIME is my motto and my faith is my ROCK!! I personally couldn't do this without my faith. My prayers and best wishes are with all of you. WE CAN DO THIS!!! IF I CAN DO THIS, ANYBODY, AND I MEAN ANYBODY CAN DO THIS!!
  6. StacyD
    StacyD
    I am sitting here reading your posts and I have to smile. I think we all go into that 'Last Supper' mode before we begin the liquid diet. I found for myself that I did that when I first made the choice to have the surgery. I ate like tomorrow was not coming. Finally it settled down and I went into sensible eating. Before I began the liquid phase diet I made sure to wean myself off the sugary foods so that I wouldn't feel like crap when I started this 2 week diet and for the most part it worked well.
    I wish you all good luck. Remember ~ this is a marathon not a sprint. Our weight didn't just appear one morning and its not gonna disappear over night. Stay the course, do what your surgeon and his team tell you to do and we will be the next group of success stories on this site!
    Whooooo- Rahhhhh lol lol
  7. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    Hi:
    We are in the same boat - I have been on liquid only for a week now - only one week to go. The first three days were awful - I am using the Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar free) which to me was the best tasting of the choices we were given. Even this seemed so sweet (I have had a hard time with the chocolate - the vanilla and the strawberry are the best)

BUT - this is the good part - I had to go the Drs. the other day with my sweetheart and weighed myself - in the week I have been on this 800 calorie diet I have lost 10 pounds!!! That added to the 20 I had lost during my prep time, means almost 30 pounds. I am hoping to add another 10 (hope,hope, hope) this week which would make 40 - so worth it in the long run.

With me I really didn't do a good bye to the food. The only things we did at all was to take my son and his girlfriend out to breakfast at a breakfast buffet for his birthday and one day last week we went to my favorite Mexican Restaurant - where we just got what we always do - a chicken fajita. ( I have been told that this might be a good place to eat down the line - when we can eat real food again - we don't get any real spicy food and we can have my husband order this for him and just share some of the chicken and veggies with me.)

Good luck and keep going. Countdown is on!

Kathy
  8. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    Hi nextech and everyone. As far as finding books for information and help I've been really successful on YouTube watching all the videos of people who've gone through it and all the tips and pointers that they share. One lady actually went into detail about what you guys are talking about mourning and saying goodbye to all your favorite foods and her comments were she wish she knew what she knew now and she wouldn't have done all of that because as life goes on and you've lost your weight you can have all those foods just in smaller portions, hope that helps. My issue is I struggle so hard to lose weight and have always thought my metabolism is really slow. On this liquid diet that I've been on for about six or seven days now I've only lost 2 pounds so I'm starting to wonder if this will even work for my body. My surgery is this Friday, I have moments where I can't believe I am even doing this.
  9. Marie-France
    Marie-France
    I didn't want it to be a high risk operation with the insuline and all so my friends and I started a 30 day Green smoothie challenge throughout the month of january. Was such a good girl I was able to stop all insuline, fast and slow and now just stopped the rest of the medication one week before the operation. *Operation on the 11th*