Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I am 5 weeks out and feeling very fatigued...

1. newbeginings2012
    newbeginings2012
    Has anyone else been fatigued following surgery? I am just so tired.
  2. Sonia
    Sonia
    It's common to go through some depression after a surgery like ours.
    Hope to hear how others may struggle with this. Try posting this as a Blog...
    I'm only 2 weeks out and not experiencing this...yet.
    Keep me posted for when I may cross this bridge.
  3. KMelendez
    KMelendez
    I have experienced fatigue frequently since my surgery on 1/12/12. I had my 3 month check up last week and the dietitian instructed me to increase my protein intake to no less than 80 grams, and it has made a world of difference in my level of energy. My plateau of 3 weeks also moved along.
  4. bigred_tl
    bigred_tl
    i am only 2 weeks out and am feeling tire also. my cousin and my sister (who are both nurses and both have had weight loss surgeries) cousin advised that i should start taking b12 shots and my sister advised i should check my iron. so that what i am going to look into
  5. Lissy
    Lissy
    I am 11 days out and I was really starting to get more energy then before surgery until today. I've lost 18lbs and its going well. I'm eating when I'm hungry and looking forward to be off liquids only in a few days. Today however I woke up and went to have a shower and I kept almost passing out when I was standing. I turned the water cold and sat in the tub and washed. I got my daughter to bring up a protein shake. Normally I've been waking up and drinking one before showering. So I sat in the tub freezing my but off drinking my protein shake for about 15 min and then I made it up and to my bed with the help of my 7 year old who happened to be home sick today. She had to dry me and brush my hair, lol. She felt important and I felt like an invalid. I've only had this happen when I was very pregnant so my husband would come in and hold me in case I passed out. I had a horrible pregnancy with dehydration and mal-nutrition. I was on ivs the whole time. Anyway, either I'm coming down with my daughters flu or I called my surgeon and he said I should add iron and b12 to my vitamins. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.