Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How long does it take to cross the Mexico boarder?

1. JennyBlaze
    JennyBlaze
    I was told it takes about 30min to cross the boarder. This seems unrealistic. My concern is my departing flight leaves at 3pm. What time should we leave the hotel?
  2. CountryGirl72
    CountryGirl72
    If the hospital u r going to uses the fast lane then yes it can take as little as 30 mins to cross back into the U.S. HOWEVER... Ours was pulled because they wanted to check one person in our van and we sat there for almost 2 hours. One lady in our van missed her flight. I would leave either the day before your flight like I did and stay in San Diego the night before your flight, OR leave on the earliest van back into the U.S.! Good luck to u.
  3. Mrs007
    Mrs007
    It really depends on a lot of things. I was there a week ago Tuesday and there was both construction and surprise checks going on on the US side and it took us 2 hours on a Tuesday night to get into Mexico. Even though we had the medical pass, the lines were extremely long on Saturday too and it took us just under 2 hours.
  4. Ready to change
    Ready to change
    When I went they used the fast lane it took no longer then 5 minutes.
    I didn't have a passport I used my Birth certificate and Drivers License.
  5. Ty_Edwards
    Ty_Edwards
    I have heard about using Birth Certificate and DL but so many people say you must have a passport! I posted about this a week ago in Mexico Sleevers thread. Thanks I thought it could be done....just wanted to make sure.
  6. Luann
    Luann
    I have heard Saturdays are the worst for crossing back into the US. It took us over 2 hours as well, with the medical pass. It's a whole different thing on the weekend from week days. If I had known, I would have made sure to avoid Saturday for returning.
    Apparently lots of shoppers in Mexico go into the US to buy supplies, etc on Saturday. That is what the driver told me. I missed my flight home, had to schedule another later that day.
  7. Bnbdaddy
    Bnbdaddy
    Went with my wife in July and we were blessed both ways. Crossing back to states on Sunday morning took 30 min. We are returning for me next month and hope the crossing results are the same.
  8. en.route.to.healthy
    en.route.to.healthy
    We came back a few weeks ago around 10am on
    A Monday. We went right through!