Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Why I started this Group - Opera Singer Sleevers

1. tinadiva
    tinadiva
    Hello. I am a classically trained singer of opera and other types of music that is usually considered opera. I am in the pre-approval stage of gastric sleeve prep. I have been on this journey for almost a year. I've had to do 6 months of nutritional counseling and just when I thought I was getting there, we found I had H.Pylori. Treatment has set me back 3 months at least. But, it looks like I am coming to the end of the tunnel.

I am wondering about others who have had the sugery and what their post-surgical experiences were. How long did it take before you could commence with your singing again? What issues did you have (vocally), if any?

I hope you will be willing to share these and any other things here that might not be relative to the general sleeve population.
  2. divaprof
    divaprof
    Hi Tinadiva. I am also classically trained (used to sing) now teaching all the time. Yes I find there are very few singers who seem to be doing wls....I am doing research in this area.

I was sleeved one month ago tomorrow. Have you had surgery yet? Either way I'm here if you want to chat! Nice to meet you...my name is Teresa.
  3. tinadiva
    tinadiva
    Hi Theresa,

Not many interested in this forum but I would love to keep in contact. Surgery scheduled now for 6/20/14 . Nervous. How did this surgery affect your singing?
  4. divaprof
    divaprof
    Hi & I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now & missed your surgery date. Mostly how are YOU doing?? As for how it has affected me....unfortunately I have another disease that is affecting my heart/ lungs. Voice is absolutely fine. Clearer than before. If you want to chat pm me & I'll give you my phone #. Hope you are feeling well!!! Its hard at first. Hang in there! Teresa