Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone doing? We now have 21 members :)

1. deesleeve
    deesleeve
    Hi Everyone!
    How is everyone doing? Today is five weeks post op for me and I feel so good! I am down 34 pounds and very motivated!!! I used to get migraines at least once a month and cluster headaches a few times a week.. I lived on tylenol and motrin. Since I started eating healthing and lossing weight I have not had ONE headache!!! (hope I didnt just jinx myself lol).... has anyone else experienced anything like this? Im thinking its the no caffiene/sugar/alcohol thing) haha......
    Also, are you all getting in your recommended amount of protein? Im having a hard time..
    Dee
  2. ArizonaRN
    ArizonaRN
    Congratulations Dee! You are doing fantastic! I am still in the waiting game for my surgery! I too suffer from Migraines and cluster headaches (comes with our profession, lol) I would be so excited to get rid of them along with my extra weight!!! Keep up the good work, 34 lbs is awesome! Can't wait to be on the post-op side!
  3. Coleen
    Coleen
    Congrats Dee your doing awesome. I'm almost 3 weeks post op. No problem getting the protein down. Are you doing at least one shake? Some have 35 protein in them. Only problem I'm having is with hunger. Not something I expected at this point.
  4. lewisnclark903
    lewisnclark903
    Hi. To have migraines, having a mild one now. I think it's the caffeine and sugar withdrawal. I'm getting sleeved 4/18/12. So doing the pre surgery diet part. Do you have any proteins drinks you recommend. Thank you.
  5. Regie
    Regie
    Surgery tomorrow. Have been like a walking zombie, guess all is so surreal. Finally here, getting ready to do prep, etc. Hope everyone is doing ok.
  6. NikiRN
    NikiRN
    Glad I found the nurses group. Surgery is in one month.
  7. Nursek31
    Nursek31
    Hi! I am also so glad to find a nurses group! I had my surgery 03 April 2012, so I am about 13 days post op and I feel fantastic! I went to Dr Nick Nicolson in Dallas at Forest Park Medical Center. I have nothing but great things to say about the whole experiance. I am down to 250 from 268 surgery weight and 278 Pre-weight! I am happy to be here!
  8. healthyinKC
    healthyinKC
    I too am glad to have found a nurses group.. I am hoping to get my surgery in June pending insurance approval. I have asthma so am a little worried about the reflux postop triggering my asthma... I look forward to hearing about everyone's success...
  9. susieq1
    susieq1
    Here we all are....Nurses must have migraines in common. Yes, I do think the no caffeine and no sugar play an important role with migraines. My surgery is April 27th..getting close...I'm on the pre-op diet 2 shakes and on lean protein and a green salad. Did any of you sleevers been placed on Actigall post of for stone prevention?? I have read a lot of Dr's do this whether you have a gallbladder or not, possible stones in common bile duct.

The protein I'm drinking is by Bariatric advantage (can order online) my Dr carries, the chocolate is good, vanilla OK, not sure about the strawberry, 27 grams of whey protein...

I have reflux too, but sine I have been on this restricted diet no reflux go figure....I'm going ask if I should take omeprozole during the first few weeks. HOpe everyone is doing well...Stay in touch all of you..
  10. BellaBoo
    BellaBoo
    Hi!!! It great to have a Nurse's Group!!!! I have my sleeve , December 11th!!! Excited but nervous!!! I hope you are all doing great on your weight loss!!
  11. BellaBoo
    BellaBoo
    Hi!!! It great to have a Nurse's Group!!!! I have my sleeve , December 11th!!! Excited but nervous!!! I hope you are all doing great on your weight loss!!
  12. BellaBoo
    BellaBoo
  13. BellaBoo
    BellaBoo
    It's great to have a Nurse's Group! Hope everyone is having a speedy recovery. My Sleeve is scheduled December 11th!! Very excited!!
  14. howardslady
    howardslady
    I am also a RN, glad to join this group. My surgery is scheduled for 1/24/13 with dr almanza.

how much time off are you all planning on taking before going back to work? I have only told 1 person at work about the surgery and she was very unsupportive. i'm not sure if i will tell anyone else about it, gossip runs rampid at work (i know that happens everywhere, but honestly its worse where i work).
  15. mamapassy
    mamapassy
    Hi everyone, so glad to stumble on the nurses group. I'm in the NICU in southern Calif and don't have a surgery date yet. I'll be a band to sleeve revision unless there's too much damage from the band, then it's a Rouen-y instead. How are you all getting the water in, since you are supposed to sip all day long and we can't have drinks out on the floor? bellaBoo, how did your surgery go?