Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

any body 70?

1. PURPLELACE
    PURPLELACE
    I am having sleeve done in april and would like to hear info from someone in my age bracket (70). I am as healthy as I can be, take care of me but have never been to keep a healthy weight. Had a lap band and lost weight but had to have it removed. Started gaining weight. It helps that I have some idea of what I am getting into and I heal quickly. Still, this is new for me and need support from you older folks.
  2. LindaJ
    LindaJ
    Purplelace, I am not 70 but am a mature woman shall we say! I know the surgery has different risks and life changes for older patients than those that are still in their youth. I am scheduled for April surgery as well, so let's hang in there. Keep coming back to the forum, and you will find the support you need. Good luck. Keep me posted on your progress.
  3. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
    I was 65 when i got my sleeve. but if i can be of any help, feel free to touch base. It was the best decision i ever made. I'm in the health care field and i knew if i didn't lose weight i would not live to be an "old" woman, or at least not a healthy old woman!
    I wish you the best!
  4. gokiwi68
    gokiwi68
    I am waiting for Medicare to approve the sleeve...does anyone know if they have yet...?????
  5. bchevery
    bchevery
    could any one give me ideas on protein what is the best and what about shots also do u need to drink protein shakes when u r able to eat