Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

From oklahoma an nervous about going to Mexico for my surgery!

1. Time2Change
    Time2Change
    Im from southeastern Oklahoma...Married for almost 11 years and have two beautiful girls. I have countless reasons to be thankful. I am the biggest person in our family (very ashamed) and come from a family with a medical history a mile long. With me being so overweight I am very fortunate not to have any health problems! So livng with this thought of leaving my children on this earth with out a mother has hurt me for many years. I have tried every diet out there..exercises..shots..spas..of course I loose the weight but it always seems to find me. So this is what has led me to this journey. Im so nervous goin to Tijuana and kinda feel selfish for putting my life at risk. But if I keep living like I am now thats a risk in its self. I have researched till I am starting read all the same stories. I can honestly say I am meantly ready for this life changing surgery. God has been so good to me an I know he will be with me through this time of need. I cant wait to be a HEALTHY wife an mom.
  2. Rimmy0805
    Rimmy0805
    I'm also in South Oklahoma in the Lawton area. Why are you going to Mexico if you don't mind me asking?
  3. headnrs3044
    headnrs3044
    Hello-
    I am fromYukon. Good Luck to you Time2Change. You have the right attitude for success. looking forward to hearing from you
  4. soontobethin
    soontobethin
    Hi, i'm from Tulsa and I went to Mexico and had surgery a little over a month ago. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. It was a great experience and I'm down 31lbs!!
  5. Candis the Beautiful
    Candis the Beautiful
    Hi! I am from Ada but teach in Madill. I am scheduled to go to Mexico right after school lets out, and I am a little nervous as well.
  6. DanielT
    DanielT
    Hi. My name is Daniel and I am from Oklahoma City. Just started my Journey. Estimate sometime in May for my surgery.
  7. Alisha M
    Alisha M
    Hello all. My name is Alisha and I am just now starting the process to have a gastric sleeve done. The doctor has checked and my insurancee does approve bariatric surgery. I plan to have it done at Integris Baptist with Dr. Hamilton Lee. Very excited. My surgery will be at least 3 mos out. It looks like a lot of people go to Mexico. I'm just curious as to why?
  8. OkieNurse
    OkieNurse
    Hi all, I am from the Tulsa area, and had the sleeve almost 5 weeks ago. I too am curious as to why so many are going to Mexico?
  9. brendadenton64
    brendadenton64
    I just got back from tj mexico and I went for the cost and his reputation, My doctor was awesome and my care was equally awesome. I have never gotten that kind of care in the us hospitals. There is not a darn thing to be scared about unless your not sure of yourself. I had lots of negative people around me also and thats why it took me 2 years to get it done, after 2 cancelations I did it this time without telling anybody but my hubby...Many blessings on your decision
  10. MomMaestra
    MomMaestra
    TimeToChange has already had her surgery, went to Dr. Almanza, and has lost over 100lbs. You can look at her profile, although she didn't blog about her experience, I would bet she is happy with her decision.
  11. Fondabee
    Fondabee
    I live in Arkansas but I am having my surgery in Tahlequah, Oklahoma at the Indian Health Services Hospital. I am excited and nervous. Surgery is 6 days away!
  12. Journey Tobeme
    Journey Tobeme
    I have tried to get into that IHS hospital to have surgery for years. I am still on the waiting list. But now I have my own insurance and they are covering it. I am glad to see IHS coverage and hope they will help more IHS patients. I think it would be a great tool for many patients.
  13. Tink8
    Tink8
    I am from Mcloud Oklahoma I have scheduled my surgery for November 1st in Mexico.
  14. ladyhunter
    ladyhunter
    My name is Betty, I am from McAlester, OK I am scheduled for 9 / 4 in Mexico
  15. Scoobysnackz
    Scoobysnackz
    Hello guys. i am from lawton,OK and having my surgery on 12/4/15. so scared and excited and this 10 day diet is killing me cause i feel like the hunger pains are going to kill me before i gett the surgery. I am going to mexico to get it cause the hospital wanted to charge to much with my insurance. see how everything goes i guess
  16. krysunderwood
    krysunderwood
    From Durant, OK, here. I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Sarinana in Tecate on July 4th. I thought it was a good choice for the day my freedom begins, not to get too sappy though!
  17. karensuue
    karensuue
    woodward okla