Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hair Loss

1. Roxanne805
    Roxanne805
    Hello My Fellow Sleevers!!

I was sleeved on Christmas Eve. So excited about my life and what is ahead of me.
    I have a question. Has anyone in the group experienced any Hair Loss? If so, how bad was it? And what did you do to turn things around?

This is very good information for the new sleevers like myself. I look forward to any feedback!!
  2. MsRhoyalty22
    MsRhoyalty22
    Mine is coming out. It's not noticeable because my hair is very thick and long. But I notice a lot more hair in my comb and brush, especially when I wash it. I am thinking about keeping it braided or cutting it to a shorter length so that it is easier to manage at home. I am not sure what to do to stop it. I'm going to ask at my next post op appt. You know for us, our hair is our crown 'n glory! :-)
  3. Bohannon
    Bohannon
    My cousin also had the sleeve in October, she has experienced hair loss. Her Doctor informed her that she was losing her hair because she was not getting her protein in. Because of that I make sure that I get 60-80 grams of protein everyday.
  4. MsRhoyalty22
    MsRhoyalty22
    I just read this article on hair loss. Discouraging because once it starts it has to run its course. Encouraging because it's not permanent...according to this article.
    Obesity Action Coalition » Weight-loss Surgery, Nutrition and Hair Loss
  5. Roxanne805
    Roxanne805
    Thank you for the responses. I think I will be keeping my hair braided for awhile and from this point forward I will be making sure I get all my protein in.
    A friend also introduced me to.... HairFinity Hair Vitamins. I have seen some testimonials and I think I may also give them a try.
    Good Luck on your Journey!!!
  6. Nervia
    Nervia
    I had my surgery on 10/01/2013 and have not yet experienced any hair loss. It does seem that hair loss is directly connected to not getting enough protein, for that reason I make sure I get the required amount (even if it means I keep drinking shakes). Through all my research and speaking with people on various forums, I have yet to find a bald Sleever .our hair might thin out some, but it comes back...so we change our hair style for a few months. People are going to be paying so much attention to our shrinking bodies that they won't notice our thin hair...lol besides there are so many hair options out there now, we can switch it up at random!
  7. tracke38
    tracke38
    Roxanne805, I just ordered some of the Hairfinity vitamins, from their website. Can't wait to start this. Thanks
  8. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    Hey sleevers, I heard about this product the other day called Collogen Enhanced. The lady who blogged about it said, Idk but after I took it the hairloss slowed down dramatically. You can get it from GNC. Top of the line so it is gonna cost you. I haven't purchased any yet. I may find it and wait to see if I will need it.
  9. Jmadyun21
    Jmadyun21
    Try ultra nourish hair its 1200 mcg in biotin and 500 mg of MSM it has worked for a lot of women, look up the reviews online. Its 12.99 a bottle, inexpensive and it works!!! or start using hair essentials natural hair growth vitamins its $39 a bottle but well worth it. Good luck!