Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hair

1. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    What are you doing with your hair while working out?

I have curly, fine, middle of my back length hair that I usually wear in a ponytail everyday. Well since surgery and trying to look cute I have been trying to keep it straight. But anything that has the possibility of containing moisture sends my hair back curly, what can I do to keep from flat ironing it after every work out session?

I read that dry shampoo help absorb moisture but I think it's to wet to even try. I will admit, I have skipped work outs just so I don't have to redo my hair. I have to start doing better. Lol
  2. Addison
    Addison
    I wear my hair short, which makes it easier to "get by" without a flat iron when my hair gets wet from the sweat. another alternative is to wear extensions. When it comes to working out it is fantastic. because my natural hair can get kinky all it wants and it never shows with extensions.
  3. AnewDee
    AnewDee
    When I blow my hair out I use john Freda straighten creame (I think that's the right name) but it last in between washes and is great is humid moist environments
  4. JayeG
    JayeG
    As a Seahawk fan myself I have to help you out, just for that reason alone!!! lol Im natural, and the occasions that I straighten my hair, I use ORGANIC Root Stimulator Humidity control serum. It does really well and it makes it shiney too! Good luck
  5. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    There is no way I can keep my hair nice and work out so I get sew ins, or clip ins. I gave up relaxers a year ago without doing the big chop and a sew in makes it easy to wear straight styles without adding heat to my hair. I do flat iron the front/bang area with CHI flat iron spray and/or a bit of raw shea butter and it stays straight all week, even with the workouts. I usually use all CHI and Biosilk (same companies) products. They have a Silk Therapy leave in conditioner that is great before you dry and flat iron. My sister is a cosmetologist so I also get info and tips from her.
  6. tracke38
    tracke38
    I use clip in hair/extensions. It is easier for me to maintain a neat look for my office, and not have to worry about fussing with my hair every day.
  7. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    @JayeG Seahwaks fan have to stick together, thanks for responding. Lol

Thanks for the info ladies. My hair is fine and curly so extensions or weave of any kind does not go over well because my hair doesn't blend. I like the biosilk line but it only works temporarily on my hair before it's not helping at all. I'm going to look into the other products, my hair is natural as well, and I'm a product junky so trying something new is great.