Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New Beginnings

1. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    New Beginnings

I don’t know about you but I dis-like making new year resolutions. My resolutions always centered around me losing weight. “This will be the year” I would tell myself. However, deep down in my psyche I knew better. I knew that I was setting myself up for the inevitable. Sure, I would start out with diet and exercise with stellar ambition! Oh boy, I am on my way! And then it happens, somewhere around the third month, my stellar ambition would start to become more and more less stellar. One day here, one day there of excuses of why I am beginning to eat *crap* and miss more than one day of exercise. One day would turn into one week and one week would turn into one month. You know what I am talking about!

One of the things I learned about in my psych eval. Was that I am an *all or nothing* kind of gal. I either do it 100% or nadda! There is no in-between for me. This is an issue I will be working on with the therapist I am now seeing. I know that in order for me to truly be successful I need to understand why I begin to sabotage myself and I need to set realistic long term goals such as; going to the gym 3 days a week instead of the 5-6 days a week I used to hold myself accountable for. As for eating; having the sleeve done is going to allow me to set my priorities as far as fuel for the day. My fuel will consist of protein, protein and more protein first and foremost and then veggies and then fluids in-between eating.

As for the picture I posted today about new beginnings;
    I will let yesterday go.
    I will be thankful for the new day.
    I will not allow old negative tapes in my head to run so that I beat up on myself and totally give up for the day.
    This new day will be the first day of my life.
    And If I need to break this down even further, from minute to minute or hour by hour then so be it.
    I will learn how to really let go of the road bumps of the day and not allow them to totally derail me from the next moment! Did I mention I am going to therapy?!?

What are your strategies for getting you through the day when road bumps come along?

Wishing all of you a new day of new beginnings!

Be well and be happy!
  2. mtdavies
    mtdavies
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I try to live the healthiest life I can that I can truly enjoy, because there comes a point when I cannot eat less or exercise more and still like my life.
  3. Spaz896
    Spaz896
    I loved your post. So true.
  4. Blessed2014
    Blessed2014
    Very well said n inspirational! N I praise u for therapy, it does help! God is my no. 1 therapy but sometimes we need another n I know a God brought mine too me she is my angel on earth! God Bless!