Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

update

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    its been awhile since I posted and I wanted to give an update regarding my surgery. I was supposed to have surgery this month, but because my bmi dropped for 49.2 I wasn't approved for surgery which now I will have to wait until jan and pay more money out cause that is when my deductible starts. There was some confusion all along with my insurance because it says one thing on my insurance card but where my insurance claims is decided by my husbands union who my insurance is thorough they require a bmi of 50 and my bmi was 51 in the beginning well because I lost 16.5 lbs my bmi is below the range so now they fixed my referral to where I have to go back to the surgeon in Jan to see if my bmi went up. In a nutshell in order to get approved I have to gain the 6 lbs ive lost. Apparently the clinic I go to which is the only one in my city unless I go an hr away has never worked with the type of insurance my hubby has ( he works for Kroger and its a union store ) and the plan language is so vague that the insurance person didn't do their job and In the beginning didn't pre cert my 6 mos like they were supposed to because apparently they were going by regular Anthem bc/bs insurance and not the union health and welfare and because of the clinic insurance coordinator not being familiar with the insurance now I have to shell out at least 700 for the deductible of 400 plus the remaining . This is because most insurance goes by bmi or 30-40 and my insurance is the only one they have delt with that requires a bmi of 50. So now to gain the 6 lbs lost so I can be approve. My surgeon isn't happy about the insurance decision as well. But now it looks like ill have surgery in jan.
  2. Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    That's crazy, I'm sorry you have to wait even longer.sounds like your insurance is doing you wrong.
  3. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I totally agree the insurance basically is saying gain some of the weight back then you will be approved for surgery. Thing is where the insurance is through my hubbys union where he works for Kroger. When they do their contract negotiations all the care about is wages not health care whatsoever. Ive never heard of insurance that you bmi has to be 50 or above. Last yr his insurance wouldn't even cover weight loss surgery even if it was medically necessary. They will gladly pay out of the wazoo for medical care for you comorbidities cause by your weight but yet wont take a chance on something that will save them money in the long run. When I was working last yr and had my insurance through the hospital I worked at it would have been no issue whatsoever. In fact that is the reason I had to stop the process last yr where my job got rid of me due to my numerous medical issues with my heart and the fact my short term disability and fmla leave ran out. My job was basically trying to get rid of me from the time I had my first heart attack at 35 2 yrs ago. I was told yesterday by my pre cert person that I wasn't the only one going through this predicament at the same clinic cause of how the insurance is worded. Im hoping that when its contract time next oct that someone will change that and the sad part is I have to pay 700.00 now cause of the confusion of the insurance which on a limited disability income is hard to come up with. Yet they will pay me to have another month of supervised weight loss. Go figure
  4. jduford
    jduford
    Sorry about the delay in surgery. I hope all goes well for you in January!