Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello fellow October sleevers

1. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    I got the okay for my week eight to try protein bars and veggis and fruits. what will I do with all this new food. What are you able to eat now?? still learning and making errors but seeing the nutritionist makes a difference and helps a lot.

stay strong everyone
    8 seeks out
  2. gscott@copywriteinc.net
    gscott@copywriteinc.net
    I am also 8 weeks out and i have vegies, fruits, poultry, seafood. No protein bars yet. What kind of protein bars are recommended?
  3. gscott@copywriteinc.net
    gscott@copywriteinc.net
    I am also 8 weeks out and I have veggies, fruits, poultry, and seafood. No protein bars yet. What kind of protein bars are recommended?
  4. bikrchk
    bikrchk
    I'm 8 weeks out and eating pretty much everything but raw veggies and steak, though I don't think either would be a problem in small quantities. Nommin on the Quest bars and PowerCrunch bars for an afternoon snack! I do try to keep it to solid protein sources even though I don't seem to have problems tolerating other foods. I just feel better when I'm eating my protein rather than drinking it.
  5. Snowymtnrn
    Snowymtnrn
    i'm about 7 weeks out. I'm eating anything, but i'm keeping it within reason. I lost 2 more pounds today so that's good! lol I'm not a fan of protein bars though.
  6. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    I have a list of protein bars, the highest protein content and containing whey protein: "Pure Protein bar": "Quest" bars and Pure Protein Revolution seem to be highest. gotta go shopping. my problem is not getting enough protein in lately.
  7. Just Mon
    Just Mon
    I'm eating most everything but bread, raw fruit and veggies..and salad. I miss salad! I did have about 6 tiny bites of prime rib a couple of weeks ago, it went fine. I'm not lactose intolerant so I'm making protein shakes with vanilla soy. It's better than I expected it to be.

I found some EAS protein bars at Big Lots (of all places!) yesterday but they were HUGE. They were 30g of protein, but it would definitely be a two snack size. How are the Quest and PowerCrunch bars?
  8. mslwallace
    mslwallace
    The quest bars I didn't like and spit out the small piece I tastes. I can eat anything but leafy greens. My favorite protein bars are wonder slim crispy cinnamon. They average 15 g 150-170 cal but they taste great.
  9. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    I haven't tried salad yet or raw veggies, have to go slow with that I think. I've tried a half a bagel this week, I know, carb, but I really enjoyed it, been weeks since trying anything like this and I put tofu cream cheese on it. who knew getting enough protein would be so challenging.
  10. julrs13
    julrs13
    where do you buy the protein bars mentioned in your posts? I am still on chopped meats and cooked fruits and veggies for a few more days. I get so full on meats. Do any of you have trouble with meat? thanks
  11. paradoxgal
    paradoxgal
    I've become very picky with food. I get nauseated so easily that I just don't even attempt to eat most foods. It's still a bit of a reach to get in all my protein and all my water, but I try. I just don't want to eat that much because I don't like paying the price of how it usually makes me feel. Even my low carb protein drinks cause nausea if I consume too quickly. I hope you all are doing well. I can't believe it's already been 55 days!
  12. SleevedRN
    SleevedRN
    I'm eating everything but carbs right now. My surgery was oct 22nd. I eat a lot of tuna, chicken, spinach, tomato, cheese, sausage, and turkey. I drink my protein. So far, so good!
  13. Dyson
    Dyson
    My doc told me yesterday no more protein powders, adds too many calories and I don't need it because I can eat shrimp/fish/chicken. I've had red meat, but only twice since October...I miss eggs, can't eat them at all! Hate the way they smell, hate the way they taste, I used to love my cheesy eggs