Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Struggles

1. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl

Today I posted a new picture about struggles. We all have them. Struggles are a part of our daily lives however how we choose to deal with them is up to us. And trust me, this past week has been full of struggles for me. Food struggles. With the holidays here and food always being a big part of the celebrations it is no wonder that I set myself up for daily struggles.

With my surgery still two mos. out I am eating anything and everything that comes my way. If you have not read any of my previous post I will tell you that I am a SUGAR-HOLIC and secondly, a food-o-holic and holidays have always been reasons, excuses for me to eat. In past years, but not always, I have gone on the Atkins diet so that I would have all the sugar cravings out of my system and this made it easier for me to deal with all the goodies that would be brought into work. No matter where I turn to there is always yummies and if I do not have my sweet tooth under control I am totally out of control. This year I am out of control. I am not sure if it is because I know in February I will have my surgery so subconsciously I am eating all I want or if it is because of my lack of will power to not indugle. However, eating out of control, my struggles have all the mental side affects as well. I feel guilty, I feel ashamed, I feel like I am copping out because I know the surgery is just around the corner.

I totally get that surgery does not fix my mental and emotional issues with food. Therapy, here I come! I know that I need to understand and work on my addictions to food. Therapy, like the sleeve is another tool. I want to be successful so I know that I must put in the hard work just as so many of you all have done!

So struggles???? Yes we will have them and I am thankful that this year I have all of you to share them with. You understand and the support we give each other means so much to me.

What are your struggles and how are you dealing with them?

Happy Holidays!

Be well and be happy!
  2. Juliebythec
    Juliebythec
    You should stop this destructive behavior now, before your surgery. I think everyone has "food funerals" but eating everything you can whenever you can is bad for your heart, liver, and mostly makes the recovery much longer. This extra weight you are putting on will make your new life take longer to get started. Just stop. It's really hard to explain how much better you will feel. I've lost 40 pounds in 11 weeks and feel great, really great. Do this for yourself, it's not a joke, it's your life.
  3. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    @ Julie, Non of us got to this point of having some type of Gastric surgery because of good eating habits...... Suggesting that I should stop this destructive behavior now feels insensitive to me. Really??? Just stop??? Right....... I feel that you totally missed the point of my blog. But thank you for your reply..... Respectfully, Gracie