Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre Op diagnosis

1. Natloving40s
    Natloving40s
    I am scheduled for surgery on Jan 4 in Tijuana with Dr. Ortiz. Here is my situation, I went and had Labs, X-ray and such done here to see what's my medical status is so no surprises when I get to Mexico. I wasn't really concerned because I've been pretty healthy except for my weight and hypertension. My X-Ray showed mild cardiomegaly and mild pulmonary congestion. My doctor just signed off but I am concerned. Anyone have any feedback....I am actually nervous about the surgery for the first time now.
  2. Southern Kitty
    Southern Kitty
    Many people have have that and don't know it. You are stable enough to have the surgery. It is good your doctor is aware of it and your impending surgery. Truth is we all have bodies working overtime due to our weight. Will pray for u though
  3. Kindle
    Kindle
    Which Dr. Ortiz? Elias or Ariel? If it's Dr. Ariel Ortiz, I would suggest contacting Dr. Jimenez. He is the Chief of the Cardiopulmonary and Preoperative program at OCC. you could probably send your X-rays and doctor notes down there for Dr. Jimenez to review and give his recommendations concerning any surgical risks. He appears very proactive as I've already received instructions from him for using my incentive spirometer for my Dec 20 surgery.
  4. BelindaK
    BelindaK
    I think I'd have the doctor explain more about your condition and what risks it might pose, and then send the information down to Dr. Ortiz and talk with him about it. Which Dr. Ortiz are you seeing?
  5. Natloving40s
    Natloving40s
    Dr. Elias
  6. Natloving40s
    Natloving40s
    I spoke to my coordinator and asked if I could forward my test results on to the physicians in mexico for their review. I have another appointment with my physician on Monday