Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Bouillon Cubes

1. mxc2sls
    mxc2sls
    Can anyone tell me if bouillon cubes are too salty to use after surgery ? The canned broth looks so bland to me. Maybe that is good ?
  2. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    I think you can use bouillon if you want but for some reason things taste different after surgery. No - I don't know why - it doesn't really make sense to me - but it is true. Bland taste better after surgery. I am 4 months out and there are still things that taste too "strong" to me that I liked before (too salty - too hot - too spicy) So you may like the canned (or carton) of broth better than the bouillon - you'll just have to wait and see.
  3. Magwe
    Magwe
    I agree. I dont think you needvworry about the salt. For me I could not stand sweets post-op. But I've heard others who can't stand salt. So you'll just have to see how you feel.
  4. mxc2sls
    mxc2sls
    Thank you Lisa Nunu and Magwe for your response . I will keep both on hand, and see. Thanks again!
  5. Immagranny
    Immagranny
    My surgeon doesn't allow bouillon either before or post op, because of the high sodium
  6. OAM
    OAM
    It was about all that tasted good to me. I even added it to the protein chicken broth, and it made it sooooo much easier to get down.