Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

overate for the first - and hopefully the last time!

1. leehee
    leehee
    Okay, even though I am on mushies I had one bite too many tonight and I am miserable! Desperately wanted to barf but couldn't. I haven't hurt this bad since surgery on 10/28. I took a walk - my second of the day (not necessarily a bad thing) and am feeling better. Still in pain, but much more manageable now. But now the mental stuff is kicking in. What if I stretched my new tummy? Any other newbies had this happen?
  2. Chancelet
    Chancelet
    I feel for you! I haven't eaten to where I'm today, but although I should still be on purees, I had some fried plantains tonight. Love them, but though they have some nutrients, they are so much carbs.

To answer your question, I don't think the stomach stretches that easily. If we keep eating too much over a period of time, I'm sure it will. Misery helps keep us in check!
  3. Deb123
    Deb123
    I haven't over eaten yet but have once or twice had liquids too soon after eating and ended up vomiting... Don't think the stomach will necessarily stretch permanently unless you continue to do what you did. I hope you feel better soon. It's learning and paying attention to what happens. Take care.
  4. julrs13
    julrs13
    I have had that happen a few times. You just take 1 too many bites and you are in pain. I know you aren't supposed to do it but I took a couple of bites from a SF popsicle and it helped to ease the pain. It kind of feels like something is stuck and the small amount of cold liquid helps move it down. I wouldn't be afraid of stretching your new tummy at this point. I think that comes later in the process when people are used to eating basically what they want and continue to over-do on a regular basis. I think it is pretty hard to do with the sleeve. It is a miserable feeling.
  5. Wenchiepooh
    Wenchiepooh
    I don't think I've eaten to anywhere near what my limit is, I'm so terrified of throwing up! I'm one of those people who throw up quite violently, to the point where blood vessels in my face will burst. Not at all pretty.

My surgeon is excited at the prospect though, and wants to know the moment I do throw up for the first time. He hasn't had a patient with my particular "talent", and wants to know if I throw up any differently with the sleeve!