Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New to group 40 and over

1. sleepejean
    sleepejean
    Hello everyone. I will be 58 on Nov. 29th and I had my sleeve on Oct. 7th. It was the best decision I have ever made. I was very worried and had gone back and forth with the decision for a very long time. One reason was because of my age. I found out that there are even older people than me doing this. I definitely did it for health reasons. I'm beyond the vanity part but must admit it will be nice to look good too. I am raising my 8 year old great neice and she is another reason I opted to finally do this. I have lost 28 lbs since surgery and 43 since beginning my journey back in March 2013. I know I couldn't be doing this without the surgery. I have a long way to go but what a start!
  2. lisab215
    lisab215
    Congrats and happy birthday! I decided at 44 that I wanted to live and watch my 3 and 6 year old boys grow up. Since my journey has begun, I am down 71 lbs. I still have about 40 more to go, but I am well on my way.
  3. Cndgins
    Cndgins
    Congrats to you both well done. I am going to be 52 this December and my surgery is scheduled for Dec 3/13 my children where also my biggest catalyst in getting the surgery. I have missed out on so much being obese that I am determined not to miss any more.
  4. MsPausha
    MsPausha
    Welcome sleepejean. Congratulations on your weight loss. A journey begins with a single step. Just keep walking and you'll make to goal.
  5. jessie.g
    jessie.g
    I am 44 also and started this journey on 9-12-13, i have lost 60 pounds so far and was so excited to get past the 300 pound mark. I have been doing a lot of baking because the kids want all the cookies and fudge and I have been pretty good with not eating a lot of it. I was worried about it. I have been so achy and hurting since the surgery. It feels like I have arthritis in my elbows and knees, so I am seeing the Dr. today and find out if maybe its a vitamin deficiency or maybe the weight loss is changing things up.