Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Ideal weight

1. AmyM
    AmyM
    What are you being told your ideal weight is and what is your personal goal? According to the BMi charts I should be between 97-115 pounds... I find that to be far too thin. I will be happy at 135.
  2. Cndgins
    Cndgins
    My Bmi weight should be 102-135 but my personal goal is 140 to start
  3. Barbsbc
    Barbsbc
    I will be happy with 130-140 lbs. I have a lot of muscle mass still from being athletic before having kids, so I will be happy with what I can get. I believe the BMI charts are out to lunch and most likely developed by a skinny person LOL
  4. antiann
    antiann
    I will be happy with 135-140 lbs. Going in for my surgery Monday the 18th. Just want to be healthy so I can enjoy the rest of my life with my husband and grandkids.
  5. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I told my surgeon my idea weight would be 140 which the charts say i should weigh between 130-140. I said 140 so i could have some leeway. im only 5'2 .5. Im excited that this is going to be the christmas present to myself and its a long time coming.Ill be turning 40 next year and my weight had me miss out on my teens, 20,s and 30s and i love roller coasters and playing with my 6 yr old niece and I dont want her to have a sick aunt sissy anymore. Plus after my 2 heart attacks, open heart surgery and congestive heart failure, diabetes all before the age of 40. Plus my medical problems cause of my weight cost me my job as a pharmacy technician that i did for 11 yrs and loved and im currently disabled because of my heart issues as well
  6. mandi0240
    mandi0240
    Not sure what I should be weighing but, my goal is to be between 115-120.
  7. Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    I think the bmi is a joke I'm 5"1 and it saids I should weigh no more than120.
  8. JUstKAWS
    JUstKAWS
    BMI says I can get to 108 before being considered underweight. Haven't seen that since high school. Shoot, my 10 year old (almost as tall as me) weighs that much now. I'm aiming for 128 but, thinks 115 might be nice, too.
  9. Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Good evening everyone! How is everyone?
  10. wrightstuff12
    wrightstuff12
    I have not been sleeved yet. I do not want to go down lower than 135. I am afraid of loose skin, too. Over 50 :/
  11. jduford
    jduford
    My dr wants me at 135lbs, I'm thinking 120. However, I'm happy at the 147lbs I'm at now.
  12. sociologist
    sociologist
    I am 5 feet tall. Charts say 96-115...not gonna happen. Dr says 156, I say 130 or so. My body will let me know when to stop:-)
  13. ybeach
    ybeach
    My doc says 135 lbs for me however, to me I would look and feel anorexic which is totally not ok with me. My goal is 145 lbs, I figure down from 246 lbs that's a pretty good weight.
  14. CookieHead
    CookieHead
    I'd like to get back to somewhere between 104 and 112. I can't tell just by a number since I plan to build muscle. So who knows? Maybe I'll be happy at 115-120.
  15. shemarie
    shemarie
    My surgeon says 141, I would be content with that, but it feels really far away!
  16. cricket
    cricket
    Well Im 50 but can still remember being a size 3 and 5 in college. And thats my goal under 110. But im setting myself small goals along the way. And not even being 5 feet I know all you vertically challenged know how hard it is to lose. My first goal is 178 since every time i dieted thats where i would platue and not be able to get below.
  17. jacquidaniels
    jacquidaniels
    I'm 5'3" and I would be thrilled between 130-145!
  18. ssc22880
    ssc22880
    i'm 5'3 and i'm aiming for 140.
  19. Emilia
    Emilia
    If we follow what the BMI says we would look like skin and bones, and the truth is as you get over 30,40 years old it doesn't look good to be so thin. I say everybody should be at the weight that make them healthy ,comfortable and confident.
  20. BBLovesBB
    BBLovesBB
    i'm 5'3" guess i should be 135-147. IDK im aiming for 160 lbs.
  21. reinventme
    reinventme
    I am 5 ft 2.5in and my IBW is 115. I think the range is 105 to 130ish. I was by no means skin and bones at that weight in high school. I still had fat thighs that rubbed together. A lot of shorts i could not wear even at 115 because they would ride up. I weighed 120 after my first child. I would love to get down to 120 but when i had gotten down to140 one time i felt good about the way i looked. It is relative though. If someone is coming from 400 then 170 may be great for them and would be a great health improvement. I have bad arthritis pain so i want to weigh the least i can for my back and joints. I just hope I can do it. Google bmi to find your weight range. The lower to mid range is ideal but everyone needs to work on there own personal best which may not be textbook but would be wonderful and heathier than where they were. I am 50 and I know I have to worry about my health now more than ever.
  22. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    5'3" looking to go to 138 but need to see how my 43 year old self looks at that weight. Want to look and feel healthy, not sick.
  23. Claudia B
    Claudia B
    5'3" over 60 - my goal is 140 which is the highest on my range.
  24. dawneesdeals
    dawneesdeals
    5'2 and my goal weight is 125.
  25. tina2me2002
    tina2me2002
    hello everyone I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 125-135
    I am not sure what my ideal weight should be but I know
    were I will feel like myself again
  26. Ema
    Ema
    Hello....I am 5 feet even and the charts have me down near 100 lbs. I will be satisfied at 120. I am 63 and I already have an "apron" which I expect to sag even further. I will be saving for a tummy tuck.
  27. sgj155
    sgj155
    I'm 5'3 and would love to be around 140.. I can't even imagine being that weight.
  28. sraebaer
    sraebaer
    I'm 5"3" and weigh 140. I wear 8's and 10's, depending on the item. I am still at the top of the normal weight range, I'm thinking 130 would be perfect.
  29. mommyof 3
    mommyof 3
    I am 5'3 and my goal is 120
  30. mommyof 3
    mommyof 3
    I am 5'3 and my bmi is 43 I would like to be at 120 but would be happy at 140 I am currently 236
  31. LaineeK
    LaineeK
    Anyone shorter than 5 foot? I'm 60 yrs. old and 4'10". I weigh 211lbs. BMI chart says I slould be 89 to 110 pounds. Not going to happen. I'll be happy between 135 and 140 pounds.
  32. Nina824
    Nina824
    I'm 4''10 and 62 years old. I had my VSG 6/24/14. Lost 20 but now struggling. Hope this stall ends soon. I haven't been given a goal by doctor yet, my goal is 125. Can't imagine 89-100. Although that is what I weighed when I got married
  33. Journey Tobeme
    Journey Tobeme
    I am 5'2 and I am aiming for anything under 140. I don't really have a goal weight. I have a goal to be healthy, active and comfortable. If I find that at 140 so be it. If it doesn't come until 120 that is ok too. My body and mind will figure it out I am sure.
  34. Skinnymini
    Skinnymini
    Hi I was sleeved may 2013. Start weight 217lbs pre op 209. As of today I weight 110. Personal goal was originally 125, then 120 then 115. I am 5 ft 1. I dont look "too skinny" i think when you have extra skin etc you feel more bulky. I do get called skinny alot but I feel I look in proportion. Havibg said that I also looked pretty much in proportion at 115-120. I have so much energy. Everyone looks different at different weights. Some of my friends are heavier than me and only slightly taller and look slimmer than me. Its different for everyone 😊
  35. MamaGavu
    MamaGavu
    I am 5ft so I should weigh the most at 120. However, if I lose anything under 140 I will be losing muscle. So 140 is my school and then I will tone it up.
  36. Mocha318
    Mocha318
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 150. I weighed 145 once before in my twenties and my sister and ex-husband told me I looked too thin. The doc told me according to my height and healthy BMI I should be 140. I don't want to be that small, dont think I'll look good.
  37. Angela823
    Angela823
    I haven't met with my surgeon yet (we meet on Oct. 1st) so I don't know what his goal for me is but at a starting weight of 215, and only being 4'11'', I would love to get down to 120 but I will be happy with between 130-140. I know the number doesn't matter as much as how I feel and look so I'm not too focused on getting down to a "healthy bmi", which I think is a little slice of bs if ya ask me. lol
  38. sraebaer
    sraebaer
    Angela, you will be amazed! "Healthy BMI" sounds far fetched before surgery, but I'm guessing you will get there! I did, and it was pretty easy.
  39. kimwanalivelife
    kimwanalivelife
    What about skin? I'm 5'2.5" start weight 312lb current 231. My goal is 150. 41yrs. Old. Seems like my goal is a bit more than most. What about skin weight does anyone count that in the goal weight?
  40. AKFireweed
    AKFireweed
    Im in for health matters. Any weight off me to release me from Type2 Diabetes is my goal. I'm 5'2" and have had medical injuries leading to years of steriod shots in my back. Steriods have short term benefit (albeit I was first in line when in pain for the shot) and long term hormonal nightmares leading to substantial weight gain. So I really dont care about what my doctor may say or what some chart states that I should weigh. For me its about getting my body healthy again. So 170 or 110 lbs from 238 lbs is music to my ears if it takes care of my other medical crud.
  41. Fae
    Fae
    I'm 5'1.5''. I started at 284 lbs in February, when I first met with the nutritionist. Lost some on my own. Day of VGS 258. Now day 9 post-op 244. My goal is 160, maybe 150. I'm 61, don't care if I lose it rather slowly because maybe that will help with the loose skin. Like Ema I have an "apron" and expect to need a tummy tuck. When I was 24 I went from 171 (my highest ever at that time) to 156. My little tummy roll on each side disappeared. I felt wonderful! Didn't last long, though. I've always thought that old met life height and weight chart was way too strict. I just want to get to a weight where I feel good and my knees, back, feet and hips can carry me for as many more years as possible with as little pain as possible. Poor things have done a magnificent job, but they've had about all they can take. Not to mention how tired my poor heart must be. Time for a change.
  42. amt5298
    amt5298
    they want me to be 110 lbs put i just done see that with sagging skin i think 120 to 130 will do me just fine and know i would be less if i had no sagging skin lol
  43. readytochangemylife
    readytochangemylife
    I am 5' short My doctor didn't set a goal. I decided on 150 and if I go below that, it won't hurt my feelings. I am 60 and have so much extra skin/flab that will only go away with surgery. exercise will not make that go away. My areas get smaller as I lose, but hang more. People already call me skinny mini and such (and I love it) but they don't see what I am hiding. The way I look at it, between my "apron", my bat wings, my saddle bags on my legs, and the extra set of boobs on my abdomen ( that's what it looks like to me) I would estimate those areas if removed would = 10 lbs. That puts my actual body weight @ 144 so that is what others see.
  44. denzel
    denzel
    My dietician worked out that I should be 53 kg, 116 lbs. +/- 3 kg
    She works out - your height in cm (mine was 153) minus 100 = weight in kg.
    I am about 5'.
    I would like to get down to 50 kg 110 lb. She was fine with that. That would be BMI 21.64
  45. readytochangemylife
    readytochangemylife
    I was just noticing I posted on this subject on 12.13.2014 and I would like to update. I now weigh 144, so with this excess skin, I figure my actual body weight to be around 136. I will keep going until my body decides to stop
  46. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    My BMI would make me 'normal' at 147lbs. I'm currently almost 300, and only 5'3 1/2" ish... I'll be happy anywhere under 180 lbs that my body decides its comfortable. I just want to be ABLE to be active again. I miss it more than my words can convey.