Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Small Things

1. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl

Mother Teresa said, "Not all of us can do great things but we can do small things with love."

I am truly beginning to understand that even small steps of positive action adds to the greater good of my journey! We didn't get to where we are at, weight wise, overnight, right? So, getting to our ideal weight is not going to happen overnight either! However, step by step by step by step we are making progress.

Setting small goals along the way helps us to recognize our efforts. These goals should be ones that we set up for ourselves which enhance our journey! Wouldn't it be awesome if one day our goals eventually had nothing to do with ourselves in regards to our weight?!?!!

What are the small things you can do with love on your journey?

Be happy and be well!
  2. Bec Bec
    Bec Bec
    Boy I sure needed that. I have been so down about not losing any weight in 2 weeks and I tend to forget it is going to take time. I haven't ever been a heavy eater so why would I expect a drastic change now.
  3. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Great inspiration ! I intend on the many small steps to get me to my goal! That and positive thinking , I will not think negative , I say this to myself many times through out the day and it helps !!
  4. Mccourtl
    Mccourtl
    That is one of my favorite quotes! It's amazing how far we can go, those baby steps eventually lead to a big accomplishment. The important thing is to move forward. What small things can I do with love on my journey? Forgiving myself for not being perfect would be a wonderful act of love. I expect more from myself than I do of other people. When I slip I need to show myself the same kindness, compassion and encouragement that I would give to others in the same situation.
  5. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    @Bec... I am happy that you found my post upliting! This is what this group is all about! Just remember, we have the rest of our lives to live our best life, one step at a time!

Be happy and be well!
  6. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    @ Slammer, Yay for small steps for they do add up! Replacing our old negative tapes which we have played over and over in our heads for so many years also takes time to be replaced with positive thoughts! But we are strong, heathy and we can do it!

Be happy and be healthy!
  7. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    Hi McC... It's awesome that you are putting yourself first and being so loving and kind to you too! We all need to embrace our love for ourselves..This act of kindness is not random and we need to show it to ourselves on a daily bases!
  8. mtdavies
    mtdavies
    I can't remember the last time I had a non-weight related goal. You have given me something to think about
  9. Liz Green
    Liz Green
    Thank you! That seemed to hit home with me tonight!!