Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

OHIP takes too long

1. aliomalley
    aliomalley
    I decided to get the sleeve done and then realized that its going to take a minimum of a year to go through OHIP. (im from Ontario) Took my health into my own hands, and I'm off to Mexico. I've done the research, and I feel confident about the whole procedure.
  2. 1543
    I also went to Mexico to Dr. Garcia in T.A. I'm a week out and I'm feeling great!
  3. Scully2569
    Scully2569
    I am in B.C. I had to wait 4.5 years for surgery. I only got a date then because they had to cancel someone else's surgery. I heard they are getting more funding, my surgeon is only allowed to do two surgeries a month. It is such a joke, it cost the medical system more money to care for obese people then it would to give them the surgery in the long run. That's my rant for today
  4. Claudia B
    Claudia B
    I too decided to bypass the OHIP system as I don't want the long wait. I'm 61 and I'm sure I'm a ticking time bomb. Heading to Tijuana and Dr. Almanza for May 30th surgery. This is the end of a lifetime of yoyo dieting - I have lost over 1,000 lbs in my lifetime - have to stop the insanity.
  5. Aliebubu
    Aliebubu
    Hello all. I'm in Alberta and it's 2 1/2 years for the process. I'm not waiting. Mexico here I come. Surgery scheduled June 5th.