Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome!

1. GA_Girl
    GA_Girl
    Hi everyone! Welcome! Where are you getting sleeved?
  2. FoxReid
    FoxReid
    I am using Dr. Richards from Obesity Solutions in Gainesville. I have 1 more support group to attend (Aug 2) and my final dietician appt on Aug 3. Then I have to wait for the final insurance approval, then I can get a surgery date
  3. GA_Girl
    GA_Girl
    I'm going to Dr. Almanza in Mexico.
  4. crystal
    crystal
    I'm going to Dr.Almanza Mexico.
  5. Manders
    Manders
    hi, i just got sleeved 2 weeks ago in atlanta georgia by Dr. Macik
  6. WWIT2011
    WWIT2011
    Hello everyone,

I was sleeved by Dr. Paul Macik on 12/21.
  7. Crystal Woods
    Crystal Woods
    Hello everyone. I see two of you are going to be sleeved by Almanza in Mexico. I am trying to get my date set for March 1st with Almanza. When is your surgery scheduled?
  8. divahasreturned
    divahasreturned
    Hello neighbors, I'll get my surgery date on Monday, the 30th and will be sleeved at Dwight D. Eisenhower Medical Center at Ft. Gordon, GA.
  9. sweetbeauty
    sweetbeauty
    Hello Everyone,

Dr. Turton in Lagrange, Georgia at West Georgia Health will be doing my surgery.
  10. Hilda
    Hilda
    Dr Richard is doing mine on November 13, 2012, I had to do 6 month dietitian visits once a month and this really helped me get mentally ready for the surgery and now I am doing the 2 week preop I have lost 6 pounds since I started this week
  11. eezgoat
    eezgoat
    Dr. Turton in Lagrange will be doing mine this year
  12. jessboyd
    jessboyd
    anybody from augusta?
  13. losingin2013
    losingin2013
    Hi everyone, I'm located in Fort Stewart, GA and I will be getting sleeved at WINN Army Community Hospital but I don't have a date as of yet. I thank you all for your posts and info that you provide
  14. Shaybear
    Shaybear
    Hi. I am in north Atlanta and am working with Dr. William Johnson of Emory University Johns Creek. Do you know anything about him? Seems very competent. I don't have a date and am nervous but resolved.
  15. Shaybear
    Shaybear
    Hi. I am in north Atlanta and am working with Dr. William Johnson of Emory University Johns Creek. Do you know anything about him? Seems very competent. I don't have a date and am nervous but resolved.
  16. ShannaBanana
    ShannaBanana
    I had mine done in Mexico with Dr. Almanza on March 1, 2013. I live in Carrollton.
  17. GRITS
    GRITS
    Hi everybody. I'm working with Dr. William Johnson at Emory Johns Creek. Consult yesterday and met with dietician. Hoping for surgery in late May. I'm from Marietta originally; live in Snellville now. Looking forward to 'meeting' everyone!
  18. Town976
    Town976
    Hi! I am in Gwinnett County and Dr. Richard is my surgeon out of Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth. My surgery is scheduled for June 27, 2013. Anyone else using Dr. Richard?
  19. HoneyroastedMelnut
    HoneyroastedMelnut
    Dr Whipple with Memorial Bariatrics at Memorial University Medical Center in Savannah.
  20. halfthemaniusedobe
    halfthemaniusedobe
    Was sleeved at Clearview Medical Center in Monroe, Ga. by Dr Chris Ibikunle at Georgia Surgicare in Loganville, Ga. It was Laparoscopic Davinci Robot assisted, took two hours, and I spent 2 days in in the Hospital then went home.
    I was 425 in January.....384 on day of surgery.....and now I am 358!!!! WHAT!!!! I feel worlds better!!! I haven't had to take a diabetic pill for 5 weeks and my sugars have only been as high as 133.....Game Changer!!!
    As a nurse that works in the the Operating room where I had my procedure done, I was AMAZED at how our top of the line technology, smart OR, and Davinci system combine to give an awesome patient experience!!! I always knew I gave good patient care.....but I was even more impressed as a patient!
  21. Firefly
    Firefly
    Hi all! I am having my VSG done in Mexico by Dr. Alvarez on August 9,2013. I live in Douglasville.
  22. alicatsdance2
    alicatsdance2
    I am having my surgery August 6th in Tennessee! And I live in Lawrenceville! I JUST got my day and I am nervous and overwhelmed but excited! I wish I got this pre op diet about a month ago! I am going to start tomorrow adding a protein shake in in place of my breakfast! Want to be used to low solids for the 2 week liquid diet!
  23. enh0177
    enh0177
    I'm having my surgery done by Dr. Macik on December 4th
  24. qh21797
    qh21797
    I am also a PT of Dr. Chris Ibikunle!!! I love this man!!! He is the best Dr. around I am having my surgery at Clearview the same as halftheman!! Clearview is a great hospital with state of the art Robotics!!! Dr. Chris is an amazing DR. I have been a Pt at Clearview before, and have had the best care I could ask for!!!!
  25. MsPausha
    MsPausha
    I wish that I had something clever to say but as many of us I over ate. Food is my friend, my lover, my confidant but as some some friendships my relationship with food became toxic. \
    \
    I honestly feel that I suffered some type of body dysmorphia. I for most of high school thought I was fat. I was a normal weight for my height. I would skip meals and go on crazy diets. At seventeen I wore a size 14. Yes to many that is fat but for me truly it was not. I was fit and active. \
    \
    At eighteen I decided to get married and that's when my weight took a turn for the worst. I climbed to a size 22 durning that emotionally abusive time of my life. I thought that if I loosed weight that he would love me more. So, I lost back down to a size 14. Needless to say that weight loss did not save the marriage. We soon parted after 4 years of unhappy wedded hell, lol. Such is life. Through it all I was able to keep the weight off for only 2 years. Slowly through the ups and downs of life my old friend crept back in. It was there to help me through the highs ands lows. There to kiss my cheek when I cried and there to pat my back to celebrate my accomplishments. The love affair with food has almost loved me to death. 400 plus pounds later.\
    \
    Now at age 51!suffering from high blood pressure and back, knee and foot pain, asthma and a family history of renal failure due to hypertensive crisis and diabetes. I needed desperately to take control of my health. \
    \
    I thought I could beat this on my own. Though countless weight loss programs, gyms vegetarianism and vegan ism nothing gave me success. Surgery was the last and final option. \
    \
    It was not an easy decision to make. A few years ago I lost a friend from lap band surgery. She never came home from the hospital. I miss her. \
    \
    Nevertheless, I have made this choice to have surgery and work the tool I will be given. I will use my faith and prayers and all the resources provided to me to reach goal. I have long hard road ahead but I fear not. Psalms 23.}
  26. Sbl33
    Sbl33
    I am in the pre-op process (about halfway through the 6 month process) with Dr. McGill at Buckhead Surgical Assoc. in Atlanta.
  27. Pcanpi
    Pcanpi
    Counting down the days until surgery (12-2-2014)...Dr. Kevin McGill @ Buckhead Surgical Associates

Update: Surgery date has been moved up...yeah!!!! ( 11-18-2014)