Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome to PTTLTPC (Positive thinking that leads to positive changes)

1. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    Hello everyone!

After browsing groups and forums I noticed that there was not a home for positive thinkers so I created this group! It is my hope that anyone who needs a lil uplifting, some positive inspirations or simply needs to vent can do so and hopefully leave a lil more inspired!

Our journey with food is or has been changing and sometimes we forget why we are here. We slip back into old eating patterns, thoughts and allow others to dictate our emotional well being. However, we took charge of our lives when we decided to embark on this fabulous journey. For me, the journey is no longer about food. I am done allowing myself to eat for all the wrong reasons. I am choosing to, *set myself free*, and am learning how to deal with stressful, painful or even happy emotions without food as a comfort or reward.

I know that for me I really enjoy reading positive statements, affirmations and giving a thumbs up to someone who just needs a lil encouragement, in the moment!

I hope you will share your positive ideas, views and affirmations and cohesively we all will be lifted in the moment!

All are welcomed

Today's thought: "The choice that brings success and achievement is more than a one-time event. It is a choice that is integrated into every moment of life." Ralph Marston

Be Well and Be Happy!

Gracie
  2. Mccourtl
    Mccourtl
    Found the following on daily thought - Weight Loss & Dieting - MedHelp which I thought was very true...

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
    Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors.
    Keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits
    Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
    Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.
  3. Mccourtl
    Mccourtl
    To help boost your level of commitment (on this journey we're all on), start each day with affirmations of praise and appreciation for all that you have achieved. Speak positive words of encouragement and keep a journal of everything you eat, drink, and all of your daily activities. Make a list of your goals and allow yourself time to meditate on them. You will come away feeling refreshed and ready to take your life to a new level.
  4. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    @ Mcourti, Love your posts! TY! We are what we think and for many of us we have not thought well of ourselves. This too must change just as our relationship with food must change! A positive attitude is everything however, when times seem bleak, being thankful for that moment is a moment which to learn from!

I do enjoy writing blogs of my journey in regards to my weight loss and relationship with food and I also want to create a vision board and post pictures of they kinds of activities I want to enjoy as I become leaner and healthier!

We all can find out what works best for each of us and for those who have a difficult time with meditation, like me, can simply take a moment when we first wake up and before we go to bed and simply breath and just noticed how we are feeling. Thinking of a few things in which we are grateful is also an easy step to add and we reflect!

May you all be well and be happy!
  5. Mccourtl
    Mccourtl
    Hi Graciegurl, I'm so happy you started this forum. It's so comforting to know there is a spot to go for positive affirmations, especially during times when things seem bleak. I'm having surgery on the 20th and will be 60 next year. For me this whole experience is such a special gift--a chance to get my life back on track. I'm looking forward to your posts and sharing in your weight loss journey. Leslie :-)