Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

The Big Sag

1. Elinor
    Elinor
    Hi!
    I'm 6 months, today, post-op with a Gastric Sleeve. I've lost 72 pounds with 48 still to come off.

My biggest concern at this point is all the sagging skin and flesh dripping off me! Does this get better with time or must I start saving for plastic surgery? I'm 52 YO and have always been told I have 'good skin', whatever that means! I didn't have a wrinkle on me until I lost weight. Fat certainly fills those in! :-)

Thanks for any info!!

Elinor
  2. SeaShell
    SeaShell
    This is a concern for me too! I'm 54 and have always enjoyed good skin...snapping back after 3 babies and previous weight losses. Im not quite three weeks post op but would be interested in what others have experienced.
  3. julrs13
    julrs13
    I think that the skin issue is worse for us 50 plus people. Our skin has lost most of it's elasticity and there is nothing you can do about that. I am mostly worried about my face and neck areas, and my knees, (the places people will see the most) . I think it is up to us to decide if it is bad enough to get the plastic surgery. I don't want to look skinny and 70 though! But anything is better than being obese.
  4. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    I am 51. My face and neck are holding up pretty good. My stomach and the inside of my thighs, not so much. I hate the thought of going thru plastic surgery at this age. But the stomach is prohibiting me from getting into smaller sizes...
  5. BladeFox
    BladeFox
    Gosh, I dread this and it's making me sad....
  6. carnation
    carnation
    I've heard the breasts are the first to go south. I guess I should say further south. I'm already saving for the cosmetic surgery. My issue is going to be my face and neck. While I'm dealing with that, I just might have them do a little work on my breasts. It would be like a thank you gift to my husband for taking this long journey with me... T.M.I?
  7. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
    I will be 67 next week and am two years post op yesterday. I have lost 125 pounds and have spent $30,000 on plastic surgery. I look great in clothes. My legs look horrible, but i'm not doing any more PS. I started out in 22/24 pants and am now in size 6 and some of them are a little too big at the waist. My thighs are still huge and wrinkled and my legs will always be edematous because i have lymphedema from carrying so much weight for so many years. Nothing i can do about them, or at least nothing I'm willing to do...maybe a little lipo at my outer thighs.

I just couldn't stand how i looked with all the wrinkles. For me, i felt i had to do the PS. I don't regret it at all. Wish i could do something with my legs, but I'm not willing to undergo more or spend any more money.
  8. kyler4246
    kyler4246
    I'm 5 weeks post surgery and already saving for plastic surgery! My breasts are already like tennis balls in tube socks!
  9. Blackbry63
    Blackbry63
    Yes everything was great about a month ago, but at 50yrs, down 81 lbs, sleeved on 7/2/2013, the boobs are starting to sag, Im noticing a little lose skin around the neck, and I have completely lost my behind (that's a major no no in the African American community). I did voluntarily sign up for this so now I'm in the gym almost as a permanent resident. Its funny all my life I've worked to keep the weight off and prayed to lose a few inches from my behind and now I'm working harder than ever to boost/build it back up. LOL However, I must say my new body feels so amazing, I have not felt this good in about a decade. :-)
  10. lynette355
    lynette355
    Well it seems this answers my question. 50 years old and will I be able to ever firm up bye bye flaps on my arms, sagging thighs or lapped over skin on my belly? The tube socks for boobs has been bad for some time. I am willing to work out like a fiend...but will I ever firm up ANYTHING? I can not afford PS. So no options there for me. WHAAAAAAA! LOL
  11. Mezza1960
    Mezza1960
    No the skin sag has not gone I use shape wear this is enough for me but plastic surgery looks great I am happy not to be diabetic anymore. Although at present I am putting on weight. Too many carbs. Help. Mary
  12. Cvand
    Cvand
    Hang in there Mary, maybe I shouldn't say that since most of us have parts now, that are hanging! I, too, believe in shape wear! Ok, so take a deep breath, go back and remember how good it felt when you were being complimented on your weight loss. What were you eating then . . . high protein foods, maybe a shake here and there? Veggies, eggs? I felt as though I had a set-back this recent holiday season. I felt like I over did the cookies, mac and cheese, and desserts. I felt physically awful. I thought back to the discussions I've with my doctor. The opportunity that was given to me via this surgery and how I wanted to only put good, quality foods in my body since my stomach is reduced I need to be careful and ingest only nutritious foods. For me this worked. The holidays are over, I'm back working and in the routine I had before the holidays, so I'm back on track and I feel really good about it - that I can be in control of my own destiny again. You are happy that you're not a diabetic anymore - go with that, keep that in mind. You can do it, since you've done it before!! Best wishes, good luck, you deserve to be healthy!!
  13. Ann2
    Ann2
    When hubby and I take off our clothes we just laugh. So much stuff on us that used to stick out proudly now sags. Our wrinkles have wrinkles. We just hug each other and laugh some more. Love means never having to worry about your drooping parts.