Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

wake forest baptist health weight loss center

1. salma2013
    salma2013
    hi all beatifull north carolina people, i want to know if any one used this center and how would you rate them i am having some difficulities with them , but just trying to be objective i know i am so anxiuos and cant wait and they are moving so slow for me, plus they require a certain Dr. to do the phsyc eval and its an out of pocket expense of $550.00 which is the biggest amount by far i heard anyone mention. please tell me if you have experiance with them and about your experiance with other centers it had to be a center of excellence for me thats another thing it is insurance requirement .
  2. Hev
    Hev
    I also live in North Carolina near Robbinsville I am not American I am British and I live in the mountains. I have not heard if the place you are using I haven't a clue where you are in relation to me as N.C.is a massive place but I had my surgery in UTC Medical center a massive hospital just over the border in Tennessee ... If you are anywhere near that I would thoroughly recommend you go to them. I had a great experience they are very professional. But I suspect you are near Raleigh or some such place in which case my recommendation is not feasible. I wish you luck in your journey. I did have to pay a $500 fee to attend the seminar about the bariatric surgery but I don't recall paying that much for the psych evaluation I think that is a little steep! I hope you get some helpful answers from others
    All the best and good luck with your journey
    Hev
  3. AuntieIt
    AuntieIt
    I had my sleeve done at Wake Forest, and had a very good experience. The nurses were great, and quick to assist when I called. I would highly recommend. Dr McNatt did my sleeve, he answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable with my decision. The nutritionists with the practice really make sure you are ready for your new stomach and explain everything you need to know about vitamins and protein. If you have any questions, I will be more then happy to answer what I can.
  4. salma2013
    salma2013
    thank you so much Hev
    Auntiett- thankyou for your reply, i decided to move on to another center in greensboro. i am just not having a good experiance with them on a customer service level, nothing about the medical profisionalism. and Dr. Fuz was suppose to me my surgeon. and i have nothing on him i only saw him for 10 minutes. they are just taking so long for me and the appointments are so far apart , the nutritionest is so strict as far as what you cannot have which is understanndable i guess but just cant deal with it anymore i mean when i blog in on my food diaries that i had 3 cans of soda in 3 weeks of tracking, after explaining that i used to drink 3 cand of soda / aday that should not call for OH NO YOU ARE NOT READY COME BACK IN 5 WEEKS reaction. i am extremly fraustrated with them and i feel i wasted all this time dealing with thier booked scheduel while i could have had my procedure already . and after more than 4 month back and forth with them on the phone and appointment still none of them can pronounce my last name, which i know is a hard one but how many times do you need to deal with someone to be able to say thier nam???!!! sorry fo venting out loud like that but for me it has been a trip. moving on !!
  5. AuntieIt
    AuntieIt
    I completely understand, you need to go where you are comfortable. I went 5 pain management doctors before I found one that would really listen. I just don't like the Greensboro hospitals, and have been misdiagnosed by several doctors, even though I am from Greensboro. Good luck to you.
  6. salma2013
    salma2013
    Thank you! I think everyone's experience is different. I hope I would be happier here with the central Carolina