Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

So whose up for daily log in and mentioning their exercise?

1. Hev
    Hev
    Last 2 days I have managed to exercise for half hour between 05.30 and 6am today I just was unable so maybe later
    Let me know who is doing what and let's encourage one another... Hev
  2. RoDean
    RoDean
    I walk on my treadmill (a couch to 5k) app that I have on my phone and I do that Mon, Wed, Fri...I try to walk on the weekends at least one day just a leisure hour, hour and 1/2, while I watch my Kindle Netflix and work my arms with my 2.5 lb. weights while I walk. Other than these days, work is my only exercise. I want to join a dance class at our continuing education center as I refuse to go to the gym, just don't want to join alone!!
  3. RoDean
    RoDean
    I deleted the above post as it had posted twice.
  4. Breen
    Breen
    I'm a lazy bugger most days but today I will try to workout to my fav YouTube work out video on tv. She does a lot of squats! A bit scared of it now...lol
  5. Hev
    Hev
    RoDean that app sounds interesting i must look it up.. Not had a great week struggling a bit and finding it hard getting up at the moment. Long story wont bore you..
    I just thought this would be a good idea so we can motivate one another and i have already learnt about your app.
    I will try to do better tomorrow.
    Breen you have a lot going on at the moment! Dont give up i hate squats i cant do them because of an injury and i am not allowed to jump either but theres plenty of other stuff. I need to tone my inner thighs and under arm bat wings...the bat wings are going... but my legs need more work!
    Thanks for joining this is for all of us it just needed someone to start it..so we can help one another.. I think this site is awesome so many people helping one another..
  6. Think
    Think
    So checking in today and not really feeling great, have had a cold and today I think it's trying to migrate into the stomach flu

Yesterday I took the dogs out and walked a mile in 20 min, so trying to move!
  7. Hev
    Hev
    Sorry Kaygee your not feeling well..hope you are soon better.
    I am trying to change up my food I try to have all protein but I am getting bored with my choices so maybe I am not getting enough protein hence being tired..plus I am working with someone who is very challenging which is very draining.
    Another day another half hour longer in my bed I have physical therapy later today and she always has me exercising. Must try harder
  8. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Good morning everyone ! Just wanted to input my exercise for yesterday..... Treadmill ...x 2 first time was 45 min. Second time 35 , this is what I do 6 out of 7 days a week I take Sundays off to rest my body....I also added 15 min. Of Zumba although I can't seem to get the movements correct I just kind of fake it the best I can, laughing I'm sure I look ridiculous but hey I'm moving my body right ? That's got to count for something ...today will be the same except I'm going to add in my resistance band exercises. I follow this video 10 Minute Real-Time Resistance Band Workout - Do It Anywhere! - YouTube it's a great quick way to tone some muscles. I do this every other day...you would think with all this exercise daily I would be losing like crazy but I'm not....I must be missing something ? Any suggestions ?
  9. Think
    Think
    So today I forced myself to walk for 15 minutes... 3/4 a mile. Just didn't have the energy to do the whole mile. Behind on protein and fluids both yesterday and today because of the stomach flu business but am feeling a touch better this evening.

Slamer3, how is your calorie count daily? You are doing a bunch of exercise so will be reaping the benefits soon! I cant see your food diary on MFP (I think I had to change my settings to allow others to view), but your calories should be 700-800 after you account for the exercise. So if you burn 300 calories with exercise and only take in 700 calories total, your body will try to hold on to those calories.
  10. lowe1961
    lowe1961
    Good morning everyone. I am new to this site. I have just been slacking. I am going to commit to getting on my spin bike today for at least 15 minutes.
  11. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Think, I'm not sure why you can't view my journal it's set to friends and you are my friend on there so strange. My daily intake is right around 800 calories a day , so your saying I should up that a little With the exercise I get ? According to calories burned I'm burning about 300 or so a day with the exercise
  12. Think
    Think
    Yes, I think with the amount of exercise you are doing your calories are too low. Try to bump up your calories about 200 per day and you should see better results

My error about the food diary, I can view it if I click on your name and then view diary. If you hit the green button that says 'complete this entry' it posts a link that says you completed your food journal and provides a quick link right there. I will look at a few days of your food diary, but I really believe its too few calories.
  13. Think
    Think
    Also Slamer3, how is your water intake? With the exercise you are doing you might want to increase that
  14. Hev
    Hev
    It's great to see that everyone is busy exercising...
    As I type I am lying in my pjs on the settee have had a fever, sore throat and felt rough for the last two days typical we have a holiday day today and I am sick. I have been burning the candle at both ends as the saying goes.

Think
    what is the food journal thing that you and slamer3 are talking about ? Only I am not doing to well with eating at the moment just not hungry and I need some inspiration
    Hev
  15. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Hev, the food journal is my fitness pal. I log my intake of food in there daily. I love being accountable and seeing exactly how many protein, fat, and carbs I get a day. It's a great app or you can just go to myfitnesspal.com and use it thru computer.

Think,
    As far as my water goes I don't track that, but I do the numbers in my head. Usually 2 cups black coffee in morning -16 oz. then throughout the day either 2 32 oz powerades or a mix of a couple of my decaf fixated ice tea 2 x 16 and at least 1 cup herbal hot tea at night with stevia sometimes I will drink just plain water b but I don't like it much . So I could add 2 more 8 oz cups of water. I will try to up my calories to about 1000 and see if that helps ...thanks for the advise !

Today's exercise so far is 45 min. On the treadmill, I plan on my resistance band training , and another 30- 45 min on treadmill later this evening ! I hope everyone is staying motivated !!

Hev, forgot to add I sure hope you feel better soon !!

Have a great day everyone ...
  16. Think
    Think
    It's Myfitnesspal.com It is set up so you can easily log in your food and exercise, and it keeps me accountable with my calorie and protein intake. If you sign up, post your user name and I will add you as a friend there! Another nice tool for support My user name is 'ThinkInOregon' there.

Hope you get to feeling better Hev, I had an awful stomach flu for about 48 hours and could barely get anything in for several days. Was miserable, yuck!
  17. Think
    Think
    Slamer3, it sounds like you are getting in plenty of water then. I am pretty certain with the level of exercise it is your calorie intake.
  18. Hev
    Hev
    Thanks people for the info .. I have got myfitnesspal on my iPad but have not used it because it keeps telling me I am not getting enough calories you can't tell it you have a sleeve. I wish someone would develop one for us sleeve people!
    I am feeling pathetic had a sore throat and now just a streaming cold. Because my job is storytelling and often having to speak loudly to lots of pre school children- I haven't felt up to going to work. It's a shame as I have spent ages making my bird costume and the children have missed it the last two days.
    I may have to drag myself in tomorrow and of course I have the largest group of native Indians to speak to tomorrow ..bad timing! I need to quit whining and get on with it.. I haven't felt up to any exercise as soon as I can shake this crud I will be right on it! It's great to read what everyone else is doing it is motivating :-)
  19. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Hev,
    I just ignore that part of myfitnesspal. But you can change the calorie count in settings. Along with the other things like how much protein, carbs. Etc
    Edited to add 25 min. Aerobics dancing and 10 min. Resistance band..plan on adding 2 x treadmill 45 min. 35 second time and that's my story and I'm sticking to it !
    Hope everyone has a great day !
  20. Hev
    Hev
    Thanks slamer3 :-)
    Still feeling rough I haven't been sick since I moved to America...which is almost 3 years.. I guess I am making up for time..
    Feeling a little better today my boss has told me to stay home until Monday. Thank goodness I have a lovely boss.
    Thanks for the info.. Going to try keep better account of what I eat as I haven't eaten much this week just had no appetite. Which isn't good.
    Will try do better next week with exercise .. I have been given some really good floor exercises by a friend who's a physical therapist so want to get started soon.
    Hev
  21. Hev
    Hev
    Well I am finally getting there.. On antibiotics and feeling like the time has come to walk on the treadmill .. Must be feeling a bit better :-))
  22. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    Okay - I admit I have been slacking some. But last night I worked out on the excercise ball. If I get off work at a decent time today I will stop at gym on way home...