Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Buying Clothes Pre-Op?

1. BladeFox
    BladeFox
    Ok, I just bought some undies at Lane Bryant because I desperately needed them, however; I regret doing it because I know that in a couple of months I'm gonna need to discard after surgery or be wearing granny panties for a bit but most of my clothes are in bad shape and I have to meet with people all the time. The clothes that I bought when I lost a ton of weight is now out of fashion, packed away somewhere, or have been given away. So when I bought the new undies I was sorta upset because they cost a lot (LB ya'll.) I purchased a pair of shoes because the others were run down - I was holding out, but you know that these shoes will be slipping and sliding all over my feet in about 2 months and I purchased some tights (LB...EEEK!) These are items that I needed that I knew would fit me well and snug in all the right places. So what am I gonna do with my tattered, run-down-run-over clothes and undies until then? I mean, I need all the undies you can imagine. Any suggestions?
  2. OAM
    OAM
    Hey, a few undies isn't going to hurt anything, right?! I have found some second hand consignment shops in my area that have designer and higher-end, very gently used clothing and I have a blast in them!! I feel no guilt is spending $8.00 bucks on a pair of designer jeans I will only wear a short time, but would feel pretty bad in handing over $100.00 for them. I found myself a black business suit last week, also designer, fully lined, $35.00. Would have cost 15 times that new. I think I will continue to shop there after I hit goal. Can't see any reason why not!!
  3. ThisIs4Me
    ThisIs4Me
    I shop at thrift stores for a lot of stuff, its a great way 2 save $ on clothes, especially if ur not gonna wear them but 4 a few months. Don't get me started on LB. Don't get me wrong, I love most of their clothes but they r just tooooo expensive 2 buy now only 2 wear them 4 a few months. Hit some yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores, u might b surprised at how cheap they r
  4. BladeFox
    BladeFox
    Ok, I will give the consignment stores a try and other places for now. I have never had luck with them for pants and long sleeve tops, but I can at least visit them and see what I can scrounge up. Yes, LB is expensive. Get this... With a 40% sale on everything, I bought 2pair of tights, and 7 panties that cost $84. Was that a sale or a RIP-OFF! Love their panties and tights though.
  5. ThisIs4Me
    ThisIs4Me
    Holy cow! That's crazy! I only shop there when I can get an extra 70% off of clearance lol. U might have 2 shop a few stores 2 find what ur lookin 4 but don't give up! O ya, I say that was a rip-off!! Ive never worn their tights but I love their boy-shorts