Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Its officially Week 2 :)

1. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    Today marks 2 weeks since I was sleeved! Joyous that ive made it this far and am still here kicking and fighting to the end! This week was much better then the 1st week and I recently strayed from nutritionist and dr.s gusidelines to hydrate myself and fill myself up a little more. The protein shakes just were not agreeing with me, im sick and tired of the jello, ice pops, and water! I never in a million years thought I would be tired of water as that is all I drink, all I ever drank before the surgery!

Heres my new favorite Non-Fat protein infused shake recipe! And it makes so much that I actually put a lot in the firdgerator and sip on it all day!

1/2 Cup non-fat milk
    1/4 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
    2 packets of equal
    1/2 of a banana
    and I add ice as needed usually about a cup of ice sometimes a lil more to make it slushy which I don't think is a problem because it adds more liquids

I hope that some of you get to try it and if you do let me know how it works out for you! The 2 equal do make a loads of difference! It tastes just like one of the shakes I used to make that was loaded with sugar etc. before the surgery!

Its crazy how much looking at the labels and realizing the differences in #'s can be! I go for my 2nd post-op appointment on Wednesday and I cant wait to see what the scale says! Last weigh in I was 14lbs down! Im excited and nervous! I cant see a difference in myself although others have said they can.... And I feel like I have either stopped losing or aren't losing as fast already!! O man im thinking to much I guess! I will just have to let the scale speak for itself!!

Waiting on my order from the Vitamin Shoppe of unflavored protein hopefully it gets here soon!
  2. Think
    Think
    I will definitely have to try this! I have some banana I put in the freezer so may not use as much ice, and increase the milk. Sounds good!
  3. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    I never thought of adding the banana in the freezer great idea! I like to add the ice though because it adds more liquids