Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Monday will be 3 Weeks Post-Op .. Whats on or what WAS on Your MENU?

1. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    I will be 3 weeks Post-Op on Monday and was wondering exactly what everyone was or is planned/planning for their menu? I am still on clear liquids (Minus my thick and creamy protein shake), Jello, Protein shake that I can barely tolerate drinking, and water! Im afraid of trying anything different, but couldn't help browsing around forums and seeing that some people are already eating eggs, cheeses, yogurts, etc. etc. etc.! Im still on what my Dr. calls Phase 1 of his post op diet! I believe Phase II is pureed foods and that lasts another 2 weeks! Hey at least if it works out that way I will be on Phase III by Thanksgiving and be able to have at least some kind of "Food Joy" for the evening!
    Sound Off
    "Whats On Your 3 Week Post-Op Diet Menu?"
  2. SeaShell
    SeaShell
    Hi, I am 14 days post op and am having good luck with poached eggs, yogurt, no fat cottage cheese and low fat refried beans. Little tiny bites but these are a nice break from the endless protien drinks which I'm sure I will be on for a long time so I can get my number in. I tried cream of wheat but that didn't set well. It was probably too thick. I've also had some tomato soup. That was fine too. Just go slow and take little bites. Good luck!
  3. julrs13
    julrs13
    Hi, right after surgery I was able to start plain oatmeal, mashed potatoes, creamed soups, apple sauce and low fat cottage cheese. I also have eaten mashed up beans, and used the cream soups to flavor things. Use salt and pepper, sweeteners and skim milk or light soy milk to thin out the potatoes and add protein. I like to mix cottage cheese and apple sauce. There are also products made by Walden farms that are no calorie and actually work really well to flavor your foods. I have tried the barbeque sauce in my beans and it tastes just like baked beans. The have a ton of flavors to choose from. I found the best prices on a site Vitacost.com. They have a lot of the supplements we can use too at good prices and good shipping prices. I have had very good results from them. I started pureed chicken with egg and some light mayo yesterday and it has been tolerated really well. It is great too because if you can eat 3 oz, there are 24 gms of Protein in 1 serving! I am planning on adding unflavored protein to everything too and 70=90 gms should be a breeze now. I am trying to figure out how to make a pumpkin pie taste alike. Does anyone have a recipe?
  4. friscocajn
    friscocajn
    You should be able to make a pumpkin pie as follows:

Crust: Use pecans, almond flour, and butter to make.

•16-ounce can pumpkin
    •12-ounce can evaporated milk
    •3 eggs
    •3/4 cup artificial sweetener
    •1/4 teaspoon salt
    •1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
    •1/2 teaspoon ground ginger*
    •1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
    •1/8 teaspoon ground cloves*

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Beat pumpkin, milk and eggs. Beat in rest of ingredients. Pour into pastry lined pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve with sugar free whipped cream.
  5. Think
    Think
    Sounds good, may have to try this recipe and make it in my Brownie Bites pan, that way I can have little treats in the freezer and not have so many things sitting around!