Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

October 21st Surgery Date (ANYONE)

1. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    Just wondering if anyone else had their surgery on The 21st of October? Would love to see how everyone is doing! I started off very rough and am still having a somewhat hard time but went to my post op appointment yesterday, had my staples removed and got my total weight loss number!! All welcome to share Cant wait to meet people starting their journey with me!!!
  2. julrs13
    julrs13
    Hi, I had my surgery on the 16th and have yet to find someone to share with. Let me know if you are interested. Hope your road gets easier. I have had an easy time with some bumps in the road. take care of yourself.
  3. dichanter
    dichanter
    Hi. I had surgery on the 21 st. Doing pretty good. Still a bit sore but for the most part moving around ok. Had my post op visit today.
    Handling liquids pretty well and sip ping my water all day. As of today I was down 10lbs from surgery and 17 from the beginning of this process.
  4. orsola
    orsola
    Had my surgery on the 24 th and went pretty well beginning had gas and acid reflux and of course a bit of pain....but other feeling fine...drinking my liquids feeling full going for long walks i have a recovery....loved to be amongst the october sleever woohoo to us loserrrss
  5. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    I had my sleeve on Oct. 21st. doing well, wondering how much weight I'll lose each week. I'm done 11 since date of surgery but 20 down from a week before surgery. Is everyone still on full liquids? I am supposed to be, but I have had a little pureed foods and feel okay.
  6. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    Hi Forestgalice! and everyone else that had their surgey on or close to 21st! This is such an experience and I think its so much better to share the experience with others going through the same thing! Some of us are about 2 1/2 weeks out now and I have lost a total of 22lbs according to Wednesdays weigh in! I don't weigh myself in between dr.s visits... I don't want to be one of those people that obsesses over what the scale says and just wants to be healthier and let this journey take its course! I was advanced o "soft foods" but its not working out so well so just ordered some unflavored whey protein to add to my own recipe of smoothie so I can get the amount o protein I need and be able to tolerate it! I would love to know how you all are doing this far along your journeys as well. Also, have you guys began excercising ... I totally forgot to ask if I could start excercising and what I could start doing because I only met with my NUT on Wednesday!!
  7. Deb123
    Deb123
    I was sleeved on Oct. 16 and doing ok. I can eat eggs, cottage cheese, creamed soups, and today I actually are the insides of a Rubios fish taco ...taking small bites and chewing well and also not having liquids too soon or before eating. I've lost about 13 pounds since surgery and now need to kick in and get more exercise. I hope you are all doing well. I've also tried baked beans and refrained beans and do ok. The time I have trouble is having liquids too soon after eating. Please let me know how you all are doing. By the way I took out my own stitches and all seems to be healing well. Best wishes!!
  8. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    Hi Deb123! Tomorrow will be my one month from surgery (Oct. 21st) and I am down 24lbs!! My first visit I was down 14lbs from surgery date, then the next visit I was down 8lbs which then I was moved to phase II pureed foods... When I went back to the Dr. this past Monday I was sooo discouraged as I had only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks needless to say I was kicking myself in the butt and have been since I feel miserable. I feel like I am failing with the tool that I was given! I can eat maybe a half an egg scrambled and almost a whole one boiled just chewed to the point its like deviled egg. I have tried tilapia which didn't sit well, tuna which was amazing felt great, and shrimp which made me almost want to die lol! Since Monday tey advanced me to stage III which is 3oz of protein and vegetables but they don't have to be cooked or smushed! Just moist and chewed very good! I am afraid to continue to progress because I feel like im not going to loose weight! I hope you are all doing and feeling better then I am right now!