Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Drain Tube anxiety

1. SeaShell
    SeaShell
    Well I came out of surgery just fine and have been chillaxin at the Marriott, but Dr. Ortiz is coming this morning to pull my drainage tube. Eeeek I am freaking out. Ive heard from a couple sleeve sisters that its like a a bad cramp, no big deal. I've given birth without drugs 3 times. ..so why am I so worried about this? Help!! If you've had a drain pulled please let me know your experience. Ummmm....no horror stories ok?
  2. SeaShell
    SeaShell
    Okay, worried over nothing as it turns out. It's all good and great to have the thing out!!
  3. JKRsmom
    JKRsmom
    I got mine pulled on Sunday - it was a weird feeling, I don't think I could of described it. Glad it is out and all is good
  4. Mikel1129
    Mikel1129
    Did it hurt and how long?
  5. ThisWasForMe
    ThisWasForMe
    I was nervous about that part too. My nurse removed mine before my hospital discharge. She told to me take a deep breath and hold it. I felt a burning sensation while she was pulling it out. I'm thinking the tube was in about 14" or so? The was no pain or anything once to was all out.
  6. carynrn07
    carynrn07
    I didn't think it hurt, but def a creepy feeling when you can feel it going through your body as they pull it.
  7. Cajungirl
    Cajungirl
    Same here no pain just a strange feeling!
  8. Chancelet
    Chancelet
    I had mine out before discharging too. The nurse said it wouldn't hurt, just be a weird feeling, but it did hurt! Her saying it wouldn't hurt made it worse, I think. But, I was glad to have it out and not have to deal with it at home.