Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

will I ever get to be thin

1. tyler
    tyler
    I cant see myself thin, I cant imagine with say 200 lbs to lose I will ever get there I am planning to have surgery this coming July when health fund clicks in but it worries me that I will have this surgery wont get to be thin and I will be in limbo not fat but not thin and I will be stuck on pureed foods forever I am really worried they cant say how long the weightloss will take before I am at a resonable weight please give me advice
  2. crystal
    crystal
    Tyler have faith dear! I have seen some pretty heavy people on here lose a lot of weight. Mingle around and get to know the forum u will meet a lot of people just like us who has has success with the sleeve.
  3. critter45154
    critter45154
    hey tyler i was 463 pounds the sleeve was the best thing i could have done it made me look at my self in a def way and i am dropping the pounds i have lost 40 pounds in 1 month .....keep your head up and look at the long term goal you will reach it
  4. Julia B
    Julia B
    One thing that I have noticed by reading these posts is that the heavier you are at the start, the faster the weight seems to come off. So, maybe being this big is a plus?
  5. Rbrady2004
    Rbrady2004
    Keep the faith! You will lose. However, this isn't an easy fix(as so many people who don't struggle with their weight seem to think). I've lost 88 pounds since I've started this process and 60 since I've had the surgery in June. I've had my ups and downs. I've had to work for every pound I lose. I exercise 30 minutes at least 5 times a week and still watch my calories, protein and carb intake. However, not everyone has to do this.You will have plateaus and you will feel depressed sometimes. But in the end it is totally worth it. Although I still can't see the change in myself physically, many others do. I know it's happening though because the number on the scale is going down and I'm getting into smaller size clothes. I still have a long way to go but I'm looking forward to a happier, healthier me. You can do it....just believe in yourself.
  6. bscastaneda
    bscastaneda
    I feel the same way Tyler, at times that is. I think I have been obese all my life that I dont know what its like to be thin. Of course I was 130 at some point but I was also like 10 years old and that doesnt count. So it can be hard to imgaine I will not be at a great weight and its NOT hard to imagine I will still be fat. But this is what really keeps me going, places like this site where there have been plenty of people just like me that have had the same worries and have been able to overcome them in large numbers. Keep reading other peoples stories you will see its hard to find anyone who has stayed obese after surgery, you'd have to purposely sabotage yourself to do that.
  7. bscastaneda
    bscastaneda
    I feel the same way Tyler, at times that is. I think I have been obese all my life that I dont know what its like to be thin. Of course I was 130 at some point but I was also like 10 years old and that doesnt count. So it can be hard to imgaine I will not be at a great weight and its NOT hard to imagine I will still be fat. But this is what really keeps me going, places like this site where there have been plenty of people just like me that have had the same worries and have been able to overcome them in large numbers. Keep reading other peoples stories you will see its hard to find anyone who has stayed obese after surgery, you'd have to purposely sabotage yourself to do that.