Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weight loss by week two...

1. Lauriet0608
    Lauriet0608
    Hi all.

So I lost 8lbs in week one ane have lost 6lbs this week (week 2). It's an average of 1lb per day since surgery which I'm really pleased with considering I have an underactive thyroid and pcos :-)

What were everyone elses 2 week results?
  2. Curlytop54
    Curlytop54
    That is great!
  3. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    I also have underactive thyroid and had a complete thyroidectomy one month before my VSG and am 2 weeks and 4 days out today and have lost a total of 22lbs according to my dr. visit weigh in on Wednesday!
  4. denakayhall0218
    denakayhall0218

Hope your doing well, my Thyroid is also very underactive and the reason I'm having the sleeve is when I'm not taking medicine, Levithroid or am taking Levithroid, I gain weight and the worst part is I stay so sleepy and tired. Weight loss is horrible, get sleeply, the days are gone, nothing done, feel hungry the eat and just go back to sleep, this life is killing me,

So that is why I'm getting surgery, so even if I don't have meds, or doctor won't prescribe me any more Synthroid, because of blood work not done regularly, (I do no have insurance) he won't refill, I gain weight I have lost, it is a rollercoaster.

Glad to notice you are losing while having underactive thyroid, this is encouraging to me.

What did you eat right after, and how did you manage?

What do you suggest I eat after?
    Just asking because of thyroid>?
  5. Delgado2000
    Delgado2000
    Did you all continue your medication right after surgery? My pill is very small and wondering if I'll be able to take it. Thanks
  6. RehabNurse
    RehabNurse
    I've been able to take my levothyroxine just fine after surgery.

I'm three weeks out and have not weighed myself today, but I lost 8 pounds in the first postop week and 1 pound in the second postop week. I will not weigh myself again until 1 month postop, which will be May 20.
  7. MamaDukes22
    MamaDukes22
    is there anyone out there that has an overactive thyroid??? I'm anxiously reading this forum, and everyone seems to have an underactive thyroid! Congrats to all that have been sleeved and those looking to be sleeved....I wish you all well! However, I'm trying to find someone whose thyroid is overactive so I can find out what challenges, if any, they may have run into. My surgery is scheduled for 6/22 in Mexico....

Thanks for any and all info!
  8. Gretchen7
    Gretchen7
    I am getting sleeved next Wednesday and I see that there aren't that many people in this group posting. I am still pretty new on this site and I'm still having problems navigating around.

I was hoping for some input from a Grave's sleever to give me insight on what I should expect as far as my weight loss journey with having Graves disease and a total thyriodectomy and now considered "hypothyroid". Should I expect to loose the weight slower than those with a normal thyroid function? Will my thyroid medication decrease as I loose weight? I am currently on 180 mg of Armor thyroid medicine.

I am hoping all of you are doing great with your weight loss surgery and keeping your medications regulated.

Thank you!
  9. RehabNurse
    RehabNurse
    My situation is slightly different than yours...I had hyperthyroidism secondary to Graves disease for seven years before having my thyroid ablated with radioactive iodine in 2005. Now I am hypothyroid.

I am definitely a slower loser than many people, although I am pleased that I am losing instead of gaining. I lost 34 pounds in the three months after being sleeved. My next weigh-in will happen in a few days, on my four-month sleeve anniversary, so I'll let you know how that goes.

I am on levothyroxine (Synthroid). My dose was recently decreased from 150mcg to 125mcg. The less you weigh, the less thyroid replacement hormone you'll typically need.
  10. Gretchen7
    Gretchen7
    Thank you for your response. I will be very happy to loose 34 pounds after 3 months post-op. I am getting really nervous and excited. I will keep posting on here as well. Take care. You seem to be doing well. Keep up the good work for yourself!
  11. RehabNurse
    RehabNurse
    You take care, too. I see your surgery will take place in less than two days, so I hope that all goes well!
  12. Gretchen7
    Gretchen7
    Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I am down 28 lbs since surgery 6 weeks ago and feeling good. I am praying that my Endo. doesn't change my melds yet. I see him at the end of October.
  13. RehabNurse
    RehabNurse
    Keep up the wonderful work, Gretchen!