Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Turn Up!

1. IceColdSleeve
    IceColdSleeve
    Hey guys I am in education so you know how it can be when you needs days off, my question is after leaving the hospital when did you go back to work? I know everybody has different body reactions but a ball park figure works for me, this journey is so emotional because AA look at WLS as a taboo. I find it hard to even imagine how people will receive the new me, but I was told that I would never be able to move up in leadership because of my size and my look. I am a hard worker but was told that I don't have the look, I know it sucks but its true but I am doing this for me and my kids because this summer my daughter was scared to go on a waterpark ride with me because the weight limit. I was heartbroken but rode the ride with her anyway lol just to show her (She is only 10) but when I got home I found myself so sad that my kids look at me and think danger and not fun. My 3 year old loves to run around but I get so out of breathe quickly he thinks I don't want to play with him. My wife who is loving and supportive feels like I have zoned out of my husband duties (Wink Wink) but I explain that sex feels like I am having heart attack. I know this is a lot but hey I need support from folks who know the struggle and being a black man and doing WLS is like having the plague.
  2. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I went back to work after 3 weeks. This is my 1st week back and I was sleeved 9/10/13.
  3. renaye83
    renaye83
    I had my surgery on 10/2 and I am still out of work, but I am expected to go back on 10/21. And I agree with you..alot of people see WLS in a negative light. As if people who get the surgery have no will power and need some sort of a magic bullet to help them lose weight. Because of this negative view of the surgery I have only told a few people about it. I really dont need that negativity around me, especially since I am still recovering. Some are more supportive than others and I am grateful for those in my life that have my back. Good luck in your journey!!
  4. IceColdSleeve
    IceColdSleeve
    Hey guys thanks for you support, so I guess 3 weeks is the going rate for time off work that cool I am pretty sure I am going to be waiting for my 6 months time period anyway which would put me in may or June but keep me posted on how you guys are doing
  5. Nervia
    Nervia
    I had my surgery on 10/01 and was back at work on 10/08. Everybody heals differently, and I have a sendentary type of job ( no lifting/ exertion required). I have also had a very easy recovery, no pain, vomiting , etc. I am having a bit of difficulty getting in my fluids, but figure I can work on that at work as well as at home...
  6. MsRhoyalty22
    MsRhoyalty22
    I took 2 weeks off.
  7. hope4me
    hope4me
    Hi there, I'm a truck driver so I took off the whole six weeks . Yes we are not all the same. And your Dr. will advice you of the day that would be ok for you. I know what you are saying about getting the sleeve and what people may say or think. But I was just like the other poster who said that they told few people. That was me. I did this for myself I needed this tool. My hubby was most supportive and that was all that mattered. People may say what they want to say about this tool but at the end of the day you will see, you will have to still be in control of what you eat and drink. It's just that only a tool. Here's to it being all that you hope it to be.
  8. IceColdSleeve
    IceColdSleeve
    Thanks everyone I am so excited for the support you guys offer and I have met some nice contacts on this board. I feel like my journey has already begun and I look forward to it