Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone live in Baltimore or the Baltimore area? Please let me know.

1. jrenee63
    jrenee63
    I just took a job in Baltimore, MD....I currently live in Frederick. I'll be commuting for a while-hoping not long- but want to move to Baltimroe as soon as possible. I don't know the area well yet, and want to connect with some people from the area who can be support and maybe offer suggestions of reasonable rental areas. Any help/suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!!
  2. CarriD
    CarriD
    If you want to live in the city.. BEWARE!... your best bet would be to look in baltimore county suburb. I live in Anne Arundel.. it's ridiculously over priced and the only reason I live here is because my boyfriend bought his house 12 years ago before the market sky rocketed! I have lived in Middle River/ White Marsh and loved it.. but depending on what part of Baltimore, you may incrue tolls driving. Catonsville/Arbutus isn't too bad on the other side of Baltimore but 695 traffic in that area is horrid! Stay away from Brooklyn, Brooklyn Park. If you are able to afford more unreasonable rent or can find a decent rental price, Linthicum (closest to Baltimore) or Millersville/Severn is a nicer area. Glen Burnie is not bad.. not the same Glen Burnie I grew up in though for sure!
  3. CarriD
    CarriD
    Also Dundalk is a hit or miss area.. not horrible but some parts are a bit "city" I rented a great 3 bed 2 bath apt in Key Landing for 6 mos when I left my ex husband. It was 1255 per month with all utilities included. Gated, clean, quiet and on the water. I probably would have stayed there and renewed another short term lease if it wasn't so much cheaper of a commute to move in with the other half. Some people turn their noses up to Dundalk because they have a "poop" plant... but these apartments were so far secluded from that part of Dundalk you never has stinky smells or factory smells ( Dundalk is the opposite side of the harbor with all the plants and ports)
  4. Kodi's Mom
    Kodi's Mom
    Every neighborhood has good and less good parts. I grew up in Baltimore City and have also lived in Glen Burnie, Pasadena, Perry Hall and Middle River. My suggestion would be to do drive throughs at night in areas that are attractive to you to get an idea of the character of the area. East side of Baltimore Co had a bit of a reputation because it was built for middle class working folks and the west side of the county was inhabited by people with a little money. The lines have blurred since then. For crime statistics, you can also check with the local police stations.
  5. Awallmanrosales
    Awallmanrosales
    I live over in the northwest side of town. Owings Mils, Reisterstown, Newtown and the upper part of randallstown are nice. Expensive, but nice. Definitely worth the compromise of rent for the area. I live right on the Carroll county line in Randallstown.
  6. natalia17
    natalia17
    Hi! I'm a travel nurse from Colorado but have been in Baltimore for a year now. My travel agency put me in Pikesville, which is a quaint Jewish community. At least I feel super safe there . There is a complex here called Bonnie Ridge Apartments and they are reasonably priced. Why are you moving to Baltimore? Depending on where work is or whatever reason you are coming here, I can help point you in a direction.