Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

August Sleevers

1. Mary71
    Mary71
    Hello all August 2013 Sleevers. I wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. What kind of issues some may be having could possibly help someone else.
  2. Vanessa71
    Vanessa71
    I am now 6 weeks out and things are sooo much easier, im so happy to be eating somewhat normally again...i can chew and swallow i just have to go real slow....i was a little annoyed with myself as i have been nibbling on chocolate, not much but just a bit and i dont want to slip into bad habits again. Over all though i dont really crave anything or feel hungry for anything so making good choices is so much easier than pre sleeve.
  3. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    Good overall. My stomach still doesn't accept everything I eat. Things I eat today are not alright tomorrow. I still do better with softer foods. Overall, I can;t complain!
  4. Mary71
    Mary71
    I am the same way with the soft foods. Its funny some things I can eat and some things are still painful when swallowed. Softer foods of course go down much easier. I am still limited to 3-4 bites then I am done. I have also entered the not hungry phase. Here lately I have to tell myself to eat, which is not good I don't want my body to go through the starvation mode.
    For liquids, I have found the G2 Gatorade I can get down without a problem. I'm going to get sick of it but that's what I am drinking right now.
  5. LittleLolli
    LittleLolli
    Doing very well now. Lost almost 70 lbs. I am able to eat most softer things. I ate some crackers yesterday, felt it today. I think that they scratch as they go down, even with chewing, not sure. I am continuing to try new thing but always try to keep in mind that I need at least 80 grams of protein a day. I have found Premier Protein shakes, they have 30 grams of protein, and I use them as breakfast and lunch. They have a snack size, too, 17 grams and 100 calories. Whenever I am at a loss about what to eat, I drink one of them first, then think of what else I should try next. I usually can't even finish the protein shake Hope everyone is doing well.
  6. Teresa0814
    Teresa0814
    Any active August 2013 sleevers out there? Im 49, 5ft 5in and currently 209lbs. My highest weight was 262. I am at a standstill with my weight but am not going to get discouraged! I have not done an ounce of exercise so what can I really expect, right! I've got to find some motivation. Surgery is just a tool...I still need to put in the effort!
  7. rcbd331
    rcbd331
    My daughter and I both had the sleeve 8/15/13. I have lost 105 lbs and she has lost about 55 lbs. I was much heavier at 403 than she was. We eat so differently though. I don't drink when I eat and she does. I've heard that can slow the weight loss. She was really sick following the surgery throwing up for about 2 1/2 days which may have stretched her stomach out if that's possible so soon after surgery. She's able to eat and drink twice as much as me, along with meats and breads that I can only eat in very small portions. Maybe if you try the liquid pre-surgery diet for 3-4 days. That could jump start the weight loss again. Wishing you luck!
  8. Stirling4
    Stirling4
    I have been at my goal weight for 8 months. I can eat pretty much anything. I don't follow the rules well but I have had great results so far. I have to drink a little when I eat or I can't really get anything down. I am satisfied with my results.
  9. LittleLolli
    LittleLolli
    How is everyone doing this far out? I am still hanging in there. I have gained back a little (some due to my doc thinking I had gone down too much).