Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I'm booked for surgery!

1. sarjickles
    sarjickles
    Hi all,

Yesterday I was booked in to have my sleeve surgery on the 8th October. I'm super excited that it's only a couple of weeks away!
    Tomorrow I start my pre-op diet, though I've been doing a few shakes a day for the last couple of weeks to prepare myself a bit.

Any suggestions floating around?

S
    x
  2. Alisha M
    Alisha M
    Congrats on your surgery date. I will have mine about two weeks after you. Some suggestions on preparation that I have heard recently are to stop drinking from straws, take small sips, chew slowly, and wait 30 minutes after eating to drink anything.
  3. sarjickles
    sarjickles
    Thanks muchly! They are good suggestions
  4. Joolah
    Joolah
    Congratulations
  5. BookWorm
    BookWorm
    Congratulations on getting your date! So excited for you, for US!
  6. BookWorm
    BookWorm
    I'm on day five of pre-op. What has helped me when I am hungry or tempted to eat something I'm not allowed to have is to walk, do a load of laundry, anything to stay busy. I also chew lots of gum. For some reason this takes the edge off the hunger and satisfys my need to chew.
  7. sarjickles
    sarjickles
    Thanks everyone!
    Good idea bookworm, I hadn't thought of gum for the need to chew.
    Every time I'm desperate to eat something (ie if I'm making something for my nephews), I tell my brain I've already eaten it so it doesn't keep bugging me as much. It's helped quite a few times now so hopefully I'll be able to keep that kind of thing up.