Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hi Buckeyes

1. ladybugplus
    ladybugplus
    Hi Buckeyes,
    I am from Niles Ohio but I am going to a Dr in Cleveland. Dr Ben-Meir who was at St Vincents but now he is at his own Center in Willoughby Hills. He will be working out of the Lake Health Bariactric group. I am about 4 months into Insurance required 6 mth Med Supervised Diet and Brooke is my Nutritionalist. I also go to out how you really feel about doing this procedure before actually having it done. At least I found I really did. I needed to prepare myself emotionally, mentally and physically for such a permanant change. For example, I have been a potato head since my first memory and from what I have found after surgery I will be on high protein diet the rest of my life. That is just on aspect of what will be a permanant change for me. So waiting 6 months is no problem for me. Hubby is on board but will he still be when I cook and stock up our pantry with high protein food? He is mayby 40 lbs overweight but really it is just in his tummy not anywhere else. Wish I could find more sleevers that I could share with locally. Cleveland is too far to go to for group support meetings, etc. But I am still into making this work. If Gods in this decision the windows will open! Thats how I see it! I know it will be great here for sure. Hope we get to know each other well on this and any othere interesting subject. Hugs to All!
    Laura
  2. miamax13
    miamax13
    Hello! I am also going to Dr. Ben Meir and will be 3 months in to the 6 month pre op diet. They are hoping that my insurance will approve after 3 months so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I started with Brooke but saw Alexis on my last visit. Brooke had me doing the My Fitness Pal and keeping it to 1500 calories, then had me try to start eating 20-30 grams of Protein at each meal. I did ok the first month, and then December hit and I gained back what I had lost. I am back on track and go to see them next week.