Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Suggestions for packaged protein shakes

1. Serenity3104
    Serenity3104
    Does anyone have any suggestions for packaged protein shakes that i can buy at a grocery store such as walmart..or etc.any suggestions that I can try out now before surgery..l I look forward to making my own smoothies later ..but my dr. Suggested I go ahead and start twos shakes a day with a meat and vegetable at night..and honestly I'm lost as to what I should choose..help!
  2. bikrchk
    bikrchk
    I'm in the same stage as you. Waiting for insurance before I can get a date. I don't care for most of the milky pre-made shakes. Home made shakes made hyvee whey are yummy tho especially with added unsweetened coco powder. For pre-made, I prefer Isopure which comes in glass bottles. Its clear, tastes like koolaide and can be bought at GNC.
  3. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    You might try online and get some samples. I've seen others on here post links but I didn't actually have time to purchase any before I had my surgery. I was out of town on vacation when they scheduled my date and it was pretty soon after I returned home. I did find that my taste changed after surgery. Pre Op liquid diet I used Pure Protein (vanilla) from Wal Mart made with almond milk. After surgery I couldn't stomach it, didn't get sick but it was very difficult to swallow because of the taste. I ended up buying Trutein (chocolate peanut butter) made with water and I actually like it a lot. It's a little pricy but it was worth it for the taste.

Good luck! I hope you have a smooth surgery and speedy recovery!
  4. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    Oh, the trutein I purchased online through bodybuilding.com
  5. kacie77
    kacie77
    If you go to Sams or Costco try the Premier Protein, it's 30 grams of protein and 1g of fat. They taste gooooood! Make sure to shake them well and once you take a few sips put the lid on and shake again. They are not grainy or bitter. Taste like a chocolate or vanilla shake.
  6. cifsherman
    cifsherman
    Extreme Smoothie chocolate and vanilla are the best. I also bought zoic at Big lots that were good. No after taste or smell. One of my friends said the vanilla Extreme Smoothie tastes like snow cream. I blended fresh strawberries , it and ice and it was devine!! I ordered my Extremes on line. Let me know what you think. Good luck.
  7. Ownit2013
    Ownit2013
    I like the Premier Protein as well, EAS Carb control is good & GNC has a Lean 25 in many flavors-tried the Vanilla and Chocolate both I liked! Agree with you though there are a lot of options out there and the only one so far I have found that my nutritionist did not like was Muscle Milk, she said it has a lot of metals in it along with a high calorie count.

Good luck!
  8. joatsaint
    joatsaint
    I have only drank Premier Protein chocloate and EAS Carb Control chocolate fudge. Can get them both at Wal-Mart of Sam's Club. I like them both, but Premier slightly edges out EAS, because Premier has more protein and its texture is a little silkier. But Premier costs about 50 cents more per 11oz bottle. - it's worth it to me.
  9. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    my dietician recommened the GNC lean 25 powder it comes in several flavors. It says to mix with water but I use skim milk for extra protein also the GNC lean shakes as well they both taste great as well. They were having a sale on them and my powder has lasted over a month since my dr told me to start out on once a day at breakfast
  10. 56Chevy
    56Chevy
    Saw dietician tues. for pre-op diet. She told me if I'm using Premier to limit it to 2 shakes a day. Reason is trace metals. I asked about Muscle Milk light. She said absolutely Not. It has even more metals. So even though their at a great price right now at Costco not to but any more. Surgery April 2.
  11. 31startingBMI
    31startingBMI
    can you blend the protein shake with ice or is that bad for the sleeve?
  12. beautifulmess
    beautifulmess
    Bariatric Advantage is excellent. Can be mixed with Water, almond milk, soy milk, or 1%/skim milk. Go to Bariatric Surgery Foods: Bariatric Meals & Diet | MyBariatricPantry

Totally surprised that your doctors don't sell all of this stuff, including vitamins!
  13. mutterma77
    mutterma77
    I'm not a fan of Premier Protein from Costco. I do like Muscle Milk chocolate. The doc's office told me I'll prefer the Muscle Milk Light after surgery. I have that too. I also have Bariatric Advantage Orange Cream - tastes like a creamsicle.

If you go to Nashua Nutrition online, type in samples and you can get 5 different flavors and types at a time to try. Very good way to find what you like without buying the whole large tub!
  14. MamaDukes22
    MamaDukes22
    Thanks mutterma.... I did just that, and placed my order!
  15. Dianne Sierra
    Dianne Sierra
    Thank you everyone for your input. I will try some of these.
  16. JennK
    JennK
    I went on the Nashua Nutrition website, the only free samples I came across were if you spend more than $29 they will include a sample when they ship it.
  17. Mattorioso
    Mattorioso
    I use (under Dietician's guidance) - Premier. I was also recommended to use Isopure for post-op at GNC (tried it's good, I get the fruit punch).
    Also to prepare for surgery and for post-surgery, I was recommended Atkins Lyft protein drink, I get the orange, because the berry is mor expensive. This is a clear protein.
    Get at Walmart.
    Premier is cheapest at Costco, but you can get it on Amazon.

Bye
    Matt
  18. Dawnislas
    Dawnislas
    Bariatric choice is a website that I found that sells these foods. I have liked everything I tried so far. Free shipping after a certain price point.
  19. kelevedros
    kelevedros
    Premier now has Banana Cream flavored drinks at Walmart and Sams...not available at Costco. They are awesome! Also, when I start to get bored from the flavors I add a dash of flavoring extract (McCormicks) to change things up.