Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

It's fastly approaching...are you ready?

1. N2DVN
    N2DVN
    Our dates are going to be here before we know it.

Are you ready? Have you cleaned out your pantries? Stocked up on anything?

For those of us going abroad, have you packed yet? What are you packing? Have your passport yet? Cash for extras and shopping? Where are you staying before the surgery? Are you going alone or do you have a guest going?
  2. N2DVN
    N2DVN
    My dates is the 24th.

I have started cleaning out my pantry but still need to donate somethings to the church's food bank. Waiting until after this week b/c we have my stepchildren and they may eat some of the bad things like pasta.

I have a good selection of broths, protein, crystal light, canned meats, SF cranberry juice, SF jello, SF puddings, FF refried beans, and Melba toast purchased. Will purchase Greek yogurt and milk after I get from MX.

My vitamins are ready for when I get back.

Passport is in the safe, have spending money there w/it. Have started packing a few things that I want to take w/me:

Gas-x
    Thigh High Anti-Embolism stockings
    hypo allergenic surgical tape (to tape the drain against my body)
    protein & broth (we are staying a few extra days)
    Hibiclens
    Binder

I am also taking my cpap and an incentive spirometer.

Hubby is going w/me and we haven't decided where we will stay in San Diego.

I'm super excited and cannot wait!!
  3. Kat1523
    Kat1523
    My date is the 18th. I'm not even close to ready! Just scared mostly!!
  4. Lily
    Lily
    my date is 4th, so mentally i am sooooooooooo ready, but being procrastinator that i am, i am not packed yet.
  5. deesleeve
    deesleeve
    My surgery is the 26th! I can not wait!!!!! Definately nervous! Going to clean the cabinets tomorrow and go to the health food store for my protein shakes etc!!! Has anyone had to start the 2 week pre op diet yet?
  6. blues*room
    blues*room
    Started my 2 wk preop yesterday My place of surgery is only an hour away, so I won't have to take much with me.....they said wear the clothes in that morning that I will also wear home. Toothbrush, toothpaste, laptop & that's about all I'll take w/me!

I've not stocked up much on food yet, 'cause I've gotta find out which shakes I like first
    I do need to get to cleanining and decluttering my house now. That's about it & I'm ready to go!
  7. demis mommy
    demis mommy
    My surgery is the 10th. I started my preop diet last week and i have lost a total of 18lbs in 8 days!! i was so nervous that i wasnt going to be able to do this 2wk diet but its been smooth. Before i started it i told myself that i REALLY wanted this then i can do it and i have! I have my hospital orientation on Thursday 1/5 but i have nothing packed or stocked up. I have ordered my vitamins (chewables). Im so excited but of course nervous.
  8. sometingood
    sometingood
    My surgery is the 12th and I have yo admit that I am way nervous about the life-long lifestyle changes....am I the only one feeling this way?
  9. circa
    circa
    I'm more than ready. I'm 22 days away. I have to do a 5 day liquid diet but I'm going to be doing more of a post-op diet from now until that starts. Low calorie very low fat - lots of protein - might as well start now! Looking forward to it
  10. newme78
    newme78
    My surgery is on the 20th, I start my pre-op diet in couple of days. I am starting to get more and more nervous but excited at the same time.
  11. KMelendez
    KMelendez
    My surgery is 1/12. This is my second week of pre-op diet. Is anyone else finding that they have NO ENERGY? I feel like I have run out of gas. I am eating according to the schedule, getting 800-850 calories in a day; but I am just feeling so tired.